My Red Sea S650

Lights finally up. What a mission.

FFCB76CD-20D3-453D-8402-8510F5D852A2.jpeg

Seems like the male trigger is on hunger strike again. Him nibbling on the lance fish was once off. Wish he would start eating. Would enjoy the tank much more if he would just eat. Trying nearly two hours over the day to feed him.

Last edited:
Sad day today. Sent the male trigger to a friends to see if he could get him to eat. I knew if I just kept him in my tank he wouldn’t last. So this is my last resort. Don’t know what else to do. As you can see by the pictures he lost a lot of weight.

275B27E0-34ED-4323-ADE3-036741B7C575.jpeg

90670459-4563-406A-89B8-CA1857C19744.jpeg

That is sad. Hopefully your friend can get him to eat. Need to source a male myself in a few months, hopefully can get a smaller one, think big ones are not easy to get to adapt to an aquarium.

Agree on the Masstick - stuff is nasty but worked well getting my flame angel to eat!

Have you tried Masstick?
No I haven't, my friend is a diver and trying to get him an array of fresh caught food to eat.
Will go see him tomorrow and try get some mass stick to try out.
Will try anything. Thanks for the advice.

No I haven't, my friend is a diver and trying to get him an array of fresh caught food to eat.
Will go see him tomorrow and try get some mass stick to try out.
Will try anything. Thanks for the advice.
Ryan and JC stock it, I would get some ASAP if I was you, like today

So today I feel like packing it all in. I think what is this all for. What a waste of money. Paid all that money for a fish to die three weeks later.
Got the dreaded call to say that the male cross hatch didn't make it through the night. Suppose to be getting a Red Sea 500 next week and rethinking this tank.
Thankfully I'm spending the day with family at Ushaka so hopefully will give me some perspective and take my mine off this. Hopefully next week will be better.

So today I feel like packing it all in. I think what is this all for. What a waste of money. Paid all that money for a fish to die three weeks later.
Got the dreaded call to say that the male cross hatch didn't make it through the night. Suppose to be getting a Red Sea 500 next week and rethinking this tank.
Thankfully I'm spending the day with family at Ushaka so hopefully will give me some perspective and take my mine off this. Hopefully next week will be better.

Oh no :m20: Hang in there, things will get better, was in the same boat just a month ago, now already planning my new stocking list. Fish sometimes die despite our best efforts, unfortunately can't get away from it in this hobby. Maybe give the tank a month or 2 before adding any new fish and then see how you feel. It is a stressful period when constantly stocking the tank with new fish (I had 60 fish at one point in mine), it sometimes help to stop, sit back and enjoy what is in the tank already for a while.

Oh no :m20: Hang in there, things will get better, was in the same boat just a month ago, now already planning my new stocking list. Fish sometimes die despite our best efforts, unfortunately can't get away from it in this hobby. Maybe give the tank a month or 2 before adding any new fish and then see how you feel. It is a stressful period when constantly stocking the tank with new fish (I had 60 fish at one point in mine), it sometimes help to stop, sit back and enjoy what is in the tank already for a while.
Thanks I know what you mean but I only have about 15 to 20 fish in my tank. Hardly any. I was going for the more exotic fish but I'm rethinking that. Hopefully tomorrow I feel better about it.

Thanks I know what you mean but I only have about 15 to 20 fish in my tank. Hardly any. I was going for the more exotic fish but I'm rethinking that. Hopefully tomorrow I feel better about it.

You have plenty of time over the next few years to stock the tank. It is easy to fall into the trap of stocking too quickly (as I did too), but longer term it makes more sense to get a nice fish every few months.

Good advice... sometimes it’s best to do nothing and just enjoy your tank. I travel frequently and generally I come home to a tank that looks awesome as I’m not fiddling with it. With regards to tangs I have 7 Yellows 2 purple, golden rim, regal and Naso who live in harmony

Been a while since posting here.
After the cross hatch issue have lost a bit of interest. Just been maintaining the tank.
Have bought quite a bit of torches and hammers, but now I think brown jelly has started in the tank.
Tank is looking good, will post pictures during the week when I have a bit of free time.

How is the tank doing? Still have all the gem fangs?
Unfortunately the two ganged up on the one and killed it. I was to late in taking it out.
Now the two have their eye on each other so have sold the other one and will just keep the one.
Will be less fighting in the tank hopefully. He will go during the week.

Back
Top Bottom