My Red Sea S650

Reaction score
Been wanting to start this thread for a while and finally got round to doing it.
Here is a look at what i have created so far.
Any insight into hardware, fish or corals will be greatly appreciated.
Tank has been running for about 6 months.

List of what i have currently:

Fish:
Just added 3 Gem Tangs, 3 yellow tangs and a purple tang yesterday
Female blue throat, lost the male to jumping out
Fire goby
Exquisite gody
Cleaner wrasse
Banana wrasse
Sailfin
6 line wrasse
Bangai Cardinal
Snowflake clown
Flame angel
File fish
Sand sifting star fish
Yellow star fish
Lost many already.

Hardware:
Chiller
Bubble magnus curve 5
Kalk Stirrer
Pellet reactor

Just finished with the refugium just need the chaeto (hopefully on the weekend).
Hopefully getting some nice fish and corals next week.
Will be posting upgrades as i go along.

Tank 1.JPG

Fish 1.JPG

Fish 2.JPG

Fish 3.JPG

Fish 4.JPG

Fish 5.JPG

Sump 1.JPG

Sump 2.JPG

Last edited:
Looking at getting a calcium reactor, ideas?
Got a Zetlight 6600 and 2 Zetlight 1201.
Having issues with the 1201 so looking at changing them out and putting in another Zetlight 6600.
Or any other ideas? Was looking at maybe getting the Red Sea LED's. Any reviews on this LEDs?
Also looking at the Aquatronica system, any reviews if its any good?
Sorry for all the questions.

Last edited:
Amazing collection of fish there:m106:and the clown looks amazing ever cross your mind to get another one and try to pair up?

Thanks guys. I had a pair of clowns unfortunately the other one didnt make it. I am looking for another one to try pair them up.

Looking at getting a calcium reactor, ideas?
Got a Zetlight 6600 and 2 Zetlight 1201.
Having issues with the 1201 so looking at changing them out and putting in another Zetlight 6600.
Or any other ideas? Was looking at maybe getting the Red Sea LED's. Any reviews on this LEDs?
Also looking at the Aquatronica system, any reviews if its any good?
Sorry for all the questions.

Speak to @2una, he has radions on his rsm650 and they look amazing. The AI Hydra lights that I think comes with the RSM’s are also pretty good. Also check out the red sea net covers that came out recently, they make them to specifically fit the different rsm tanks, might stop the next fish from jumping.

Hopefully getting the Red Sea net cover tomorrow. No more jumping fish.
Will be looking at getting SPS and other corals, was getting the fish I want first. They have been crazy expensive.
Also been battling with corals a bit, bought some SPS and bleached. So wanting to get the calcium reactor and controller before looking into corals.

I've got 2 x AI Hydra 26's on my Reefer 350... Super happy with them! Perhaps the 52's for you? :)

Been a busy few days. Got the Red Sea jump cover. Very nice and fits the tank nicely. Needed it as i was recieving a very expensive pair of fish.
Finally got a pair that i have wanted for a while, Cross Hatch Trigger pair.
What an amazing pair i recieved.

Net 1.JPG

Net 2.JPG

Net 3.JPG

ARGB0185.JPG

DRZY6194.JPG

NOXR3198.JPG

I need some help with the triggers.
I recieved the trigger Friday midday and put them in Friday night.
The female is happy and swimming around and eating, the male has found a cave and hasnt moved from it all day and didnt eat this morning when i fed.
I switch the lights off the tank middle of today to hopefully let him settle a bit. Breathing seems to be normal but just concerned as he is not swimming around and eating. Should be be doing something for him?

That is pretty normal for triggers for the first week or so. Stunning pair!

Thanks @hotdog83. Was stressing a bit. The blue throat triggers that i had never did that. When i let him out he swam around like mad and then found a cave and hasnt move from it since. The quality of the fish is top class. So fat and the colours are incredible. Appreciate the help.

Holy smokes. First 3 gems and now a crosshatch pair. I am diying with envy man. That is so awesome. I think croasshatches are one of the most beautiful fish we can keep. Been in love with them since i first saw them around 9 years ago. Sadly i can only live my dream through other people like you.

I hope they have a very long stay with you and please post lots of pics of them on a regular basis.

Thanks @mariusmeyer. I am very blessed and great full. Will definitely be posting more pics as i go along. Hopefully have some interesting additions coming next week.

Wow, following this thread. What amazing livestock.

Keep the updates and pics coming.

Please post a pic of the full tank. The Zetlight’s are great, get another 6600.

Back
Top Bottom