My quest has started!!!

Comming along nicely Ziyaad,waiting to see your aquascaping.

looking good bud. looks so new, and clean. always starts out like that, then comes the algae and the coraline! can wait to see this sucker mature!:thumbup:

That REEFTEK skimmer is looking at that sump going "MINE, MINE, MINE, MINE, MINE", shame poor guy, he has to wait next to the sump and can't help but look on.

Awesome tank by the way

Thanks guys I cant wait myself
That REEFTEK skimmer is looking at that sump going "MINE, MINE, MINE, MINE, MINE", shame poor guy, he has to wait next to the sump and can't help but look on.
:lol:
Comming along nicely Ziyaad,waiting to see your aquascaping.

salams aslam

Its gona be very minimalistic i like to have lotsa space available for the fishes to swim but i do have some ideas that i would like to implament if i can get the right rock piecies. but thats at least another weeks time away

Nice to see things taking shape :)

What are you putting in the compartments of your sump?

What are you putting in the compartments of your sump?

1st compartment will be filter floss and thats it. The black bucket that you see under the sump will be my DSB and Refugium.

Gents is it normal for the tank to be murky just from the salt? because before i added the salt the water was clear now the water is really murky. there is no subrate in there just water and salt?

yep will be like that till the salt dissolves completely....then some carbon and sparkly crystal water

sorry....but what happens when u loose power ...how does the water not flood into the sump ?

ul always find you have the patietce but u get pressure from every1 around you who dont understand...they make fun of you for having an empty fish tank its the worst~~~

sorry....but what happens when u loose power ...how does the water not flood into the sump ?
the water does flood into the sump but i have 2 holes drilled into the return so that the air lock gets broken and that stops the sump from overflowing and there is enough space in the sump to accomodate quite a bit of water

ul always find you have the patietce but u get pressure from every1 around you who dont understand...they make fun of you for having an empty fish tank its the worst~~~
LOL will just have to give it time

oh all. so i think i should carry on here.

Is the amount of bubbles here looking ok? the one day i got some nice clear foam with a really small amount of dirt at the top after that niks?

200810200005mediumfd4.jpg

sump with Some algea and live sand thanks Cher and Bushwacker

200810200006mediumof8.jpg

a small apastia

200810200009mediumov0.jpg

a bigger one thats moving around gona nuke him with a kalk mix

200810200010mediumte9.jpg

Some feather worms

200810200011mediumzb3.jpg

FTS - looking very untidy, just remember the rock setup is temporary and will not be like that for long

200810200012mediumzd7.jpg

Ziyaad - it's looking GOOD so far! Just remember - you don't have ANY bio-load at this time. The skimmer's foam-head is PERFECT where it is now. Don't make any changes...

You will see MUCH more foam being produced once you start adding more life-stock!

Good on you man! GREAT JOB so far!

Back
Top Bottom