My Parameters

Reaction score
Okay so since i've been having all sorts of fun with my tank eg. Endless Nightmare!!! Not with livestock but mainly with algae i decided to post my Parameters i measured tonght with my test kit.

One thing... My test kit is a little old ( I know what you going to say.... I'm not goint to trust it ) But its been giving me decent results so far.

Ammonia : 0.1mg/l
Nirtite : 0.02 mg/l
Nitrate : 10 mg/l
PH: 8.2
Alk : 7 dKh

So i know where my problem is i think...

But where do i find the source?

Suggestions?

I wish those hanna po4 meters weren't so expensive I'm sure you get more accurate results with them.

Deon do you suspect you tank is not still going through a bit of a cycle?

Ya i also wish they werent so expensive. I've just added a phos reactor with Brightwells Phos Media. So hopefully this will show signs of improvement.

My worry is why would my Ammonia, Nitrates and Nitrites be so high.

The tank is over a year old... and the DSB is very mature you can see the bubbles forming in the sand etc.

silicates?

Why would silicates be a problem?

My worry is why would my Ammonia, Nitrates and Nitrites be so high.

The tank is over a year old... and the DSB is very mature you can see the bubbles forming in the sand etc.
Has anything died recently in your tank? Have you added any new live rock?

Is any of your livestock suffering?

It could just be that because your test kits are old (they should have an expiry date on them) that they are giving slightly incorrect readings. If you have a reefer friend nearby then perhaps ask them to double check your readings with their test kits, or ask an LFS to do it.

Has anything died recently in your tank? Have you added any new live rock?

Is any of your livestock suffering?

It could just be that because your test kits are old (they should have an expiry date on them) that they are giving slightly incorrect readings. If you have a reefer friend nearby then perhaps ask them to double check your readings with their test kits, or ask an LFS to do it.

Thanks Dean. Non of my lifestock are suffering.

I just have a problem with mirky water which started 2 days ago. This seems to happen every 2 weeks. No idea what causes it. I'm trying to keep changes to a minimum at the moment. I have an algae problem which i'm trying to get rid of.

Will try get someone to test for me also.

Back
Top Bottom