PH 8.3
Alk 2.4 (mEq/l)
NO2 0.05
NO3 2.5
NH3 0.2
NH4 0.02
PO4 0.05
Ca 400

The parameters other than the PO4 (which is coming down) have all remained the same for two months, I am worried that the NO2, NO3, NH3, and NH4 might be to high but I can find no source, except maybe the NSW I use to do my 10-15% weekly changes. All my livestock is doing well, although I don’t believe that they are too demanding. I have a bicolour Blenny, Colt Coral (Growing Rapidly), Green Star polyps, pulsing xenia, green bubble (in tank for about a week but opened fully on day 1), a collection of local and exotic snails and local hermit crabs (yellow foot). I have tried not feeding the tank, but even that did not change the parameters.

Do I need to worry about my parameters?

Hmm, the No2, NH3/4 are too high they should all be at 0. Doubt if it comes in with the NSW as your tanks filtration[biological] should take care of it fairly quickly.
One of two problems exsist either your kits are giving incorrect readings or your bio filtration cant keep up with the bio load.

Hmm, the No2, NH3/4 are too high they should all be at 0. Doubt if it comes in with the NSW as your tanks filtration[biological] should take care of it fairly quickly.
One of two problems exsist either your kits are giving incorrect readings or your bio filtration cant keep up with the bio load.

Thanks Alan. My bioload is low, 1 fish, about 10 snails and about 10 hermits. I think it might be my test kit, just checked with some test strips that I used when cycling and the strip says NO2 and NO3 both 0, no NH3/4 on the strip.

Okay to put your mind at ease just have them checked at your LFS that uses a different kit.

moz, I used the same kit and had simular results, maybe try other kits, or even better ask a reputable LFS to do a test.

yip RED SEA is "KAK" test kits!!!!!!!!!!!:(
I got a "bladie skruk" when i tested my water with it.

Take it and throw them in the bin, that is what i did.:thumbup:

im pretty sure that its faulty test kits.never really had faith in the red sea range other than the kh test kit.go for the Topic Marine Expert test kit.it contains the kits for kh, ph,amonia,nitrite and nitrate.
as for po4 i would go for the Lamoete (spelling?) test kits.very accurate

Thanks, I'll get my water independtly tested and look at getting a new test kit. Any one know the price range for mass spectrometres;)

Back
Top Bottom