My office nano

herkie

R.I.P.
Reaction score
I have been feeling like a nano for quite some time and then Sean Koekemoer gave me a 375x390x530 tank he used to keep an Oscar in. I did not think of taking photos untill after I got going, but this is the tank after the back panel was cut and fitted back to the tank.
officenano015.jpg

I am planning to build a filter to the back of the tank below the overflow and also want to have a skimmer in the first compartment and this is where the first problem arises. CASH for a nano skimmer!
This lead to my desision to modify a Jebo into a 'supercharged' version. Here is a description of my progress.
I wonder if one of the more advanced members would start a poll to see how many people thinks a Jebo can be 'supercharged' into an decent skimmer? I do not know how and it would be interesting to see the results.

herkie

R.I.P.
Reaction score
The first problem I saw was the footprint of the Jebo. It is too wide and I would like to have 3 compartments in the 'sump'. I also think it is nessesary to increase the bubble production to drive the supercharged mini monster skimmer and the original venturi is removed as well as the regulator valve on the pump.(This was done to improve flow rate as well as bubble production.)
officenano002.jpg

Thie original pump regulator valve.
officenano004.jpg

The connector was modified like this.
officenano006.jpg

And the pump and body joins like this to make the footprint smaller.
officenano008.jpg

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Woohooo a tank build, nice Herkie:peroni:

herkie

R.I.P.
Reaction score
The reaction chamber also needs some improvement and had to be partly destroyed to enable the intended mods.
officenano010.jpg

The 'neck' on the inside of the chopped off chamber was removed and the two reactor chambers was joined.
officenano012.jpg

Rory

Admin
Reaction score
This adds a new spin on the argument along the lines of "Which is better, one TS1 or 3 jebos?". It's like someone came along with the bright idea, "what if we join all of the jebos together into one big skimmer?" :p

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
leslie hempel Nano Tanks 25
Jason Pico Tanks 40
jacohall Nano Tanks 40
J Full Tank Photo's 54
Copperband Nano Tank advice 101