My new glass box

Tank is only 4 months old.
I did a water change once of about 15% but only reason was to use the water to start my frag/quarantine tank.

Very nice Brent:thumbup: The livestock you have are absolutely awesome!

May I ask what return pump (volume wise) you are using, and how the 40mm overflow pipes cope?

Sorry for the late reply @brentch.
I have a Red Devil DC 5500 return pump it runs at 50%. Awesome coz when I feed in the AM and PM I push a button and it turns off for 10mins and then resumes.
Awesome for dosing too.
The twin 40mm overflows go from a skinny box overflow across the back of my tank and join into a single one before going into sump via filter sock.
My system runs very silent slight bubbling but very happy.
The pipe work was a few beers and @nemiziz_za's pipe knowledge brain power!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the late reply @brentch.
I have a Red Devil DC 5500 return pump it runs at 50%. Awesome coz when I feed in the AM and PM I push a button and it turns off for 10mins and then resumes.
Awesome for dosing too.
The twin 40mm overflows go from a skinny box overflow across the back of my tank and join into a single one before going into sump via filter sock.
My system runs very silent slight bubbling but very happy.
The pipe work was a few beers and @nemiziz_za's pipe knowledge brain power!

Oh great! I ask because I would like to use similar dimensions for a cube I'll be building later in the year. I like the idea of a larger diameter for when fish and other rubbish gets stuck in the pipes.

Great work on your build, I am keen to see how it develops:thumbup:

looking great!!

Thanks guys.
Remember @brentch shouldn't get fish and rubbish stuck in pipes if you got a Perspex comb. I've done mine so it closes over the top too so no snails can go walkies and block pipe!

Last edited by a moderator:
revenava.jpg
erynuvat.jpg

meragevu.jpg

Lighting at around 8pm

Actually not much to update at the moment.
Moving house in about a month or 2 so going to set up a holding tank In the meantime.
So not much to talk about now!
Will update on a new thread soon!

Thanks man!
Will definately do that!!

Back
Top Bottom