My New 275 Litre Marine Tank!!!!!!!

Dhasvir

Dash
Reaction score
After Hours of research and a tough choice against a Red Sea Max Nano, I have got my first proper Marine Tank!! I went ahead and did end up breaking the bank :m85: I bought a brand new Akwa Elegance 100. To me and my lfs owner, it was the better choice than the smaller 75l red sea tank. This tank should be a great beginner setup for a reef. It is a large tank, making it easier for water parameters and keeping. There were a few extra things I had to add on but this was a great buy:slayer: My setup:
Akwa Elegance 100 (220L tank and 55L sump)
High Spec LED Marine Light
Grech Return Pump 1400L/H
Dophin Heater
Digital Glass Thermometer
Filter pads, extra ceramic, bio-balls
12kg Live Rock
15kg Red Sea fine sand
2x SunSun wavemakers (8000L/H)
Bubble Magnus Curve 5 Protein Skimmer
Nitrate reactor
There's still a lot I will eventually add on but for now, I got the basics and I'm happy:m01::m106:

Last edited:
After 3 weeks of cycling with prime, stability, 2 bottles live bacteria, and countless water testing, my tank was ready for its clean up crew. I got 2x pyramid snails, 1 turbo snail, 2x shrimps. I will get the rest of the cleanup crew next week:m12:
also after hours of thought, I decided to go with a fake coral reef, I would love to keep corals but unfortunately, the fish I want to keep are not reef friendly. in the future, I will see if I want to grow corals in a separate tank:m85:

Clown triggers are very nice but your cuc and shrimp are probably going to become food for him.

About a year or year and half I bought a clown trigger. Very nice fish but it destroyed my whole tank... Lol
Ate everything from coral to cuc.. Lol

yes be careful on the trigger, make the guy happy and your clean up guys should be ok

Back
Top Bottom