My "new" 24 gallon JBJ Nano

Stand back, I don't know how big it gets

My open brain (?) is getting out of hand in terms of size. It now is about 2 to 3 times bigger than what it was in the shop (been looking at it for three weeks in the dealer tank).

Also touching my hairy mushroom, but they seam to be OK with each other?

Would this position damage it?

hairymushroomsandbraintouching27072.jpg

Something will happen, but these corals are not known for huge aggression.

The shrooms can be quite nasty as can the brains, i would move one or the other to avoid a war.

Caring for CUC

tank looking good, just needs to be cleaned a bit( side pannels)

Hey, officially it is to make sure my CUC has enough food.

OK, the magnetic cleaner can not get into the round corners, I need to get something to do it by hand, filter floss does not clean algae so well.

Leaving the back glass for now, like the eggs and give my Turbo something to eat.

I used to use a washing up brush (the nylon ones) to clean the corners where the magfloat wouldn't reach.

I used to use a washing up brush (the nylon ones) to clean the corners where the magfloat wouldn't reach.

OK, got one, will try that.

Also, can someone pls sell a magnet cleaner withOUT the float bit on the inside. Will allow me to clean the tank without having to worry about knocking the LR and corals on the inside.:(

If the inside comes loose and it sinks, I will just "fish" it out from the bottom.

Nemo died

My second clown died as well? :006:

What am I doing wrong, all the other, including the new fish are doing well. My corals are thriving, water parameters perfect.

Is there any special requirements for a clown that I am missing?

• To much current/flow?
    • I have a serious amount of current that flows 12h per day, other 12h strong current.
  • To little food?
    • I do two small feedings a day

Wow, sorry for the loss Len. Clowns are know for these "healthy" deaths. If all your other livestock is cool, then it is just an unfortunate death that sometimes happens.

Do you have other fish in this tank ?

Len - just some advise - please wait at least another 2 to 3 weeks before you go out and buy some more clowns.... This will give your tank time to stabilize, and IF this is a problem with some disease, for the disease to "outlive" itself....
Do some water changes in the mean time....

Then, buy clowns from a different supplier, and see if they survive....

Len - just some advise - please wait at least another 2 to 3 weeks before you go out and buy some more clowns.... This will give your tank time to stabilize, and IF this is a problem with some disease, for the disease to "outlive" itself....
Do some water changes in the mean time....

Then, buy clowns from a different supplier, and see if they survive....

Currently thinking of not getting any more fish ever again . :(

Yip, will try a new dealer, both came from the same one, but so did all my other fish and they are fine.

Currently thinking of not getting any more fish ever again . :(

Yip, will try a new dealer, both came from the same one, but so did all my other fish and they are fine.

I know which dealer ;)

They are pretty good with their stock, can't say the stock is badly look after etc.

Any updates on this thread?

The demise of this tank and it's replacement

Have not had the heart to close this thread, but spend an hour in a marine pet-shop yesterday and think am am slowly beginning to heal. :no:

This tank got completely killed by these few innocent algea Torch and macro green algae - Marine Aquariums of South Africa.*

Although it completely overgrown the tank, the corrals where actually thriving with it, but it looked like a small Amazon terrarium (hence the lack of photos). This was with a phosphate reactor, a chiller, 100% UV, big flow etc. Next time I will take it out and sacrifice the coral.

I did not want to expose a tang to my fish keeping skills, so did not try that.*

Not deterred, I decided it was a sign for me to get the the big cube I always wanted. *Just before Dec 2009 I ventured out and ordered the 750cm naked cube in diamond glass. Put down a few Ks deposit, and left on holiday in a heighten sense of anticipation, and a promise that it will be ready when we get back.

On our first day back my son and I rocked up at the shop as the doors opened. We were told that the (black) silicon was not dry yet and that the tank was still at his house in the garage, we could pick it up in a day or two.*

I could only get a trailer again the next Saturday. When we showed up the doors was not only closed, but the shop was gone!!! Needles to say, I have been unable to get hold of the owner, never got my tank, nor my money back.*

Having paid for an all green aquarium and a second invisible one, made the motivation for a third one a bit tricky.*

Since then I have manage to move to Cape Town, donated the content of the terrarium to a freshwater colleague that offered to sort it out (lost contact) and lived a fishless life up to now.

I hope that my next one will go better.:)

That's a rather brilliant story. /et me know if yoi need any help, imalsoin cape town and also have a cube

Back
Top Bottom