My Nano!!

Reaction score
So i FINALLY found a picture perfect moment of my tank with my camera in hand so took a few pics!
Check out my tank and tell me wut u think!:1:

DSC02772.jpg

moz-screenshot.jpg

moz-screenshot-1.jpg

:slayer::yeahdude:

very nice mate.. i had to modify the one i had to surface skim..looks like you may have to do the same.. lovley aquascaping and inhabitants..

very nice - carefull with that nennie.

My solution to the surface gunk layer was MEGA flow - I think i turn the water around 85 times a hour. And I still get some buildup over time

Thanks!! Yeah it does build up pretty quickly and the skimmer in these tanks are not that usefull either, mine keeps going off due to a blocking of some sort i think..still trying to figure it out!

Planning to upgrade to a bigger nano in the very near future hopefully! :)

looks very nice man, wish my urchin comes out during the day...your star has 1 to many legs:whistling:

Very nice setup. What nemmie is that and do you have sufficient lighting ?

Thanks every1!
Btw it is 6 scubaninja look a lil closer!

Hey Warr, was actualy hoping someone could tell me wut nemmie it is and how it behaves cos recently its been going into sort of a cacoon but i think thats cos of the heat recently and the water temperature but he has opened again when i dropped the temperature! As for my lighting i think its sufficient its what came with the tank, which is a buyo nano.

Oh lanzo that urchin came with the brain and has been there since the day i got him, i think hes stuck or just comfortable where he is!

Hey Warr, was actualy hoping someone could tell me wut nemmie it is and how it behaves cos recently its been going into sort of a cacoon but i think thats cos of the heat recently and the water temperature but he has opened again when i dropped the temperature! As for my lighting i think its sufficient its what came with the tank, which is a buyo nano.

That nemmie looks bleached. Not normal for them to be white. I have no idea what lighting is used in a Boyu but please beware that nemmie require strong intense lighting and very good water parameters.

It was very white with purple tips before but getting "dirty" now! He's been living happily for the past 3months or so untill recenlty its been going into a cacoon and i dunno if thats normal or not couldn't find any literature on it either!

Oh yes and my water parameters are so far pretty good! Just tested yesterday and they bettter than its ever been!

Hi Zaid,

Your tank is looking good. Which one of the Boyu Nano's have you got, the TL-450 or the TL-550? I can tell you now already that your nemmie is not happy!! Firstly your lighting isn't sufficient (i've got a Boyu so i know), you've only got 2 x 24watt T5's in that tank and a nemmie needs loads more lighting!! Do you target feed your nemmie every 3 days or so? How long has your tank been running now? When you say your parameters are the best it's ever been what are they exactly? That nemmie looks very bleached like warr said...

Last edited:
HI jaak thanks for your input! the nemmie came that white or even whiter with purple tips when i bought it. Hes been living pretty happily in there for the last couple of months (about 3).

My tank has been running for almost a year now and my nitrate, nitrite, salinity and PH levels were all normal acording to the test kits. PH of 8, NITRITE of less the 0,5 and nitrate of 0 if my memory serves me correct. I feed nemmie once a week as i was told but iv noticed it seems to be enjoying the flake food when it falls on it!

I will be upgrading to a bigger tank very shortly so dont worry, and he is wide open now i think he just got a bit upset with the water temp but iv adjusted that now!

nice man....now for some colour lol but dont worry easy does it.....
leave it small i'm getting married in jan but i cant wait for feb to get myself a nano in my new place.....small is so easy to fill up with colour!

Back
Top Bottom