420l/h Return Pump
DSB

Filtration:
Biological Filter Media
Skimmer - comes with nano
cheato in refugium

supplements:
Seachem Reef Plus, Seachem Reef Phytoplankton, Brightwell Marine Snow,
Brightwell Micro Bacter, Special Blend, Seachem Phosguard 100ml Bag in Refugium.

Stock:
2x Green Chromis
1x Cleaner Shrimp
1x Sand Shifting Starfish
1x Red Tuxedo Urchin
CUC

Stock To Come:
2x Ocellaris ClownFish
1x Royal Gamma
1x Firefish

Coral:
2x Pulsing Xenia's
1x Kenian Tree
1x Hammer Coral
2x Frogspawn Coral
2x Frogspawn Coral
1x Brown Coral ( Don't know the Name)

Hope you Guys Enjoy
Please Give Advice If you Can

Dude I bought one of these for my daughter yesterday so I'm super excited to hear that you have been running this system for a year. I do have some concerns that you could perhaps assist me with. My first thought when seeing your photos was that the lighting seems insufficient. Perhaps this is more photo quality than reality as your corals seem to be doing ok? Second concern was the proposed introduction of more fish to that 37l system. I am no expert, but believe that you will have to be very careful not to increase the bio load to dangerous levels. Having had a quick look at the filtration compartments, theres not a lot to work with is there? Third concern is the size of the starfish in the tank. It looks huge. Is the system large enough for the guy?

Just s DIY tip. I did for my wife's nano.
Instead of using the large pc fan,you can get 3 laptop fans and magyver then together.
The fit perfect in that food lid door. Looks so much neater

Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies

With the lighting i think it's the quality of the photo's cause the standard lights are quite strong for the little tank and its been working well,
the coral look much better then when I got them, one thing I know is that you need to change the bulbs every 8-9 months.

The fish topic lol, I had more fish in the tank but unfortunately they died cause we had more than 12 hour load shedding every week that's why I have the Mini Air pump
installed in the tank. with so many fish you just need to keep you water parameters in check, don't overfeed your fish and weekly 20% water changes.
Many people say that the tank is to small for more than 4 fish but i had more than 7 for almost a year and they where healthy and happy so why not Lol!

And the little starfish is not so big its just the photo he's about 3-4 cm long, I don't think he's to big for the tank. He looks happy playing in the sand.

Thanks Madmatt will definitely try your DIY Tip.

Hope this pics help

IMG-20151110-WA0007.jpeg

nice little tank.

Very cool little tank :thumbup:. I like the substrate, looks very natural.

Hi there, nice little setup you have there. I have the same one. Made a few adjustments for the skimmer as i couldnt get it to run properly. Ill show some pics if you dont mind adding to your thread, or we should start an AMW37L thread. I also swapped my lighting to have more blue but i guess thats personal preference.

Your tank has grown nicely!
Are you going to keep it running once your other tank is setup?

Back
Top Bottom