My M90 begins

Reaction score
Hi guys

I am not new to reefing, however I am back in the game! I previously had a 800l peninsula, which I had to shut down unfortunately.

Not more than 3 years went by and I wanted in again! Bought a little 40l setup with an Ai Prime HD, which soon proved to be too small and I have upgraded.

Current tank dimensions 900 x 600 x 450mm and sump 500 x 450 x 400. Tank built by Zayn at PowerLab in Cape Town.
Ideally looking to stock with SPS dominantly, but will have a couple softies and LPS.
IMG_0992.JPG

Been running for 1 month post cycle with some rock and livestock transplanted from the 40l
Current stock

2 Clowns
1 Okinawa Goby
5 Chromis

IMG_0986.JPG

IMG_0987.JPG

Lighting
6 Bulb 39W T5 lights with the Ai Prime for colour supplementing, sunrise/sunset and moonlighting.

IMG_0991.JPG

Skimmer:
JNS ConeS C0-3 (very much oversized I am aware). Bought the skimmer through the forum with the intensions of starting a much larger system in the future. I have set it to run pretty dry so I'm not too concerned about over skimming.

Supplimenting:
10-20% monthly water changes as well as reef channels 1,2,3 by PowerLab.
2 Part dosing Ca and Alkalinity and Magnesium.
Running Kalk in auto top off

Parameters
SG - 1025
KH - 8.5
CA - 450
MG - 1350
Po4 - 0.02
No3 - 5

IMG_0988.JPG

IMG_0994.JPG

IMG_0989.JPG

Many of my corals have browned out over the move, but hopefully I will start to see some colours coming back soon!

Fish on my list will probably be the following - advise if you think there are any I should add/not put in!

Copperband butterfly
six line wrasse
Midas Blenny
Anthias

Last edited:

RiaanP

Reaction score
Copperband and sixline in that size tank will not work out for the copperband. Sixline will out-compete the copperband for food.

Maybe one of the dwarf angels as a show fish.

Reaction score
True - and if I get the copperband to feed on an open clam/sort of feeding device like a closed acrylic tube with small holes?

I would love a copperband over a sixline.
Good idea for a dwarf angel