My little secret

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals, I have been awfully quiet but I decided that it is time to start a tank thread on my current project. I got married in January and moved house directly after the honeymoon, we are staying in a temporary place while we look for someplace to cal home.

So with that being said, I converted my 800x800x450 cube frag tank into a deeper tank for a display tank. It is in the bedroom and I will tell you a huge secret behind the success of sleep shortly, but first an equipment list. (all the same equipment from my dismantled 1.3m)

Lighting is a good one, I am extremely pleased to have 2 LED units over this gem, a Zetlight Qmaven 6600 and a Kelo AK100s light unit. Over the past few months I have to say that I prefer the Kelo...
1x Sicce Syncra Silent 2.5
2x Jebao RW8's
1x Jebao 4 head dosing pump.
1x stc1000 with jager heaters and a desktop fan wired to it.
1x Waterboy UV light. (not currently in action)
1x RSK auto top up. (not currently in action)
1x Overkill Reef Octopus XP 300-sss Skimmer, rated for 1200L highly stocked.
2x tunze 6015's in the sump.
Waterboy Maxizorb carbon.
Seachems matrix stones.
Tunze care magnet and a flipper.
I dose fuel and iodine when I remember.
Waterboy ROunit. (also not being used right now)

So the trick to having sleep with this system running in my bedroom is...the skimmer and return pump are on a timer. Its a big no no but hey, almost 2 months and my corals look well chuffed with life.

Incoming pics...

Some photo's
301.JPG
296.JPG
297.JPG
298.JPG
299.JPG
300.JPG
301.JPG
302.JPG
303.JPG
DSCN0560.JPG
DSCN0566.JPG

Million dollar question I'd like to know, how is that sandsifter so well behaved and not burying everything under sand!?

Thank you @D3m0n369, its been a while, how are things going on your side of the salty life? I need to catch up.

@Papitto, thanks for that hehe. In all honesty I think having a nutrient rich water column helped them a lot. I have somehow always had luck with zoas even before I started dosing Aquavitro Fuel and Iodine. My nutrients have dropped from 40 to 1 (NO3) so I am going to keep an eye to see of they continue thriving now that the water is much lower in nutrients.

@CheriS, this is a champion goby. He wrote an autobiography and won me a R8500 skimmer! Not only did he do that but when he sifts substrate, he stays on the ground and never drops big particles into the current. He does do a lot of renovations...he builds up huge piles of substrate at his caves entrance, I will try take a photo of his landscaping skills tomorrow. Needless to say I love the bugger.

Last edited:
All good on my side. Taking it slow at the moment. Can you give me some feedback on the Jabao 4 head doser. I have been looking at it for a while now. How is it performing?

All good on my side. Taking it slow at the moment. Can you give me some feedback on the Jabao 4 head doser. I have been looking at it for a while now. How is it performing?

Is been performing admirably. It does not lose its settings during power failures or being unplugged and it has been consistent, I have not had a single issue with ‪it.

One thing that needs mentioning is if you buy one, make sure you have a very accurate measuring beaker. Calibrating is impossible if the beaker is too large or is deformed plastic from microwaving ect.

Back
Top Bottom