My Linckia - Muz

Muz

Reaction score
Snapped this with my Canon Powershot A610

Muz2008010.gif

Bloody nice Muz, thats a stunner:thumbup:

No wonder my GF calls my butt a starfish..:nono: this was the shot before I zoomed in.. notice the change in pigment on the bottom 2 legs, they changed quite quickly from dark to light.. anyone know why ? It is right at the beginning of light cycle.

Muz2008004.gif

No wonder my GF calls my butt a starfish..:nono:

Damn, I ust cant see the beauty in the pics anymore:whistling:

Nice pics but damn did you have to say that:lol:

Nice Muz, is that using the Super Macro setting?

great shot MUZ. Keep them coming, What size tank are recommended for those starfish? Will my 1.2 meter be too small?

Too much info about you ass there Muz. I was blessed with a good imagination now I feel this works against me.
One thing I would be worried about though is if you have a blue ass you could be turning into a smurf ?

great shot MUZ. Keep them coming, What size tank are recommended for those starfish? Will my 1.2 meter be too small?

Guys I have to be serious here for a moment as I am passionate about starfish.. please please please read up on whatever you are planning to but, especially Linckia. Google google & google more !

These guys generally don't make it due to poor shipping, please never raise the starfish out of the water, this causes small air pockets which can become infected, bag underwater.

They need a LOT of space, according to Anthony Calfo ' hundreds of gallons' with plenty of mulm / detris etc to feed on, so not recommended for small tanks.

Please ( and this is imprortant IMO) pay a deposit at the LFS and observe the specimin over at least 1 week, 2 if possible, before you buy and put in your tank.

I am not even convinced I have the right tank to give the one I have a satisfactory diet, but he seems OK for now.

Please ensure you have a LOT of LR if you plan to get one.

Muz

Now that Brings back Childhood memories SMURFS I use to love this cartoon. Quite perverted if you think of tho. 100 Men and only 1 female smurf. :005:

LOL @ Smithers.. yes I have a smurfs ass stuck to the glass of my aquarium ! LOL ! Gawd, now my imagination is going.

If thats the case MUZ I would rather not. That is y I asked *research*

Haha, plays havoc with your mind. If it was smurfette then it would be a different matter. She was kinda hot in a smurfie way.
I am just kidding by the way ...

Anyway I do agree with your thoughts on getting a starfish. I keep my little red one in the sump. Sounds cruel but there is more detritus and other crap in there for him to feed on. He seems well happy in there.
I have seen a lot of SF's in shops that are either rotting away or just not doing well. Most people see a SF and think "hey there was one in nemo so they cannot be that hard to keep".

I think that is total crap. They are sensitive to a lot of things. Salinity being one of them. Sudden changes do affect them.

Like all things in this hobby, do some research and do not impulse buy.

If thats the case MUZ I would rather not. That is y I asked *research*

Good man, much better to research properly before you buy anything.

Starfish have a very slow metabolism, they usually can last in a small tank for around a year to 18months, slowly starving to death, one sure sign of the sand shifter star is starving, is seeing it on the glass, it usually means the substrate does not contain sufficient food for it.

I just want to add something to this, Muz - IF YOU MIGHT HAVE A HAIRY GORILLA HITCHHIKER CRAB IN YOUR TANK, BE SURE THAT YOUR STAR-FISH COULD BE 'EATEN'!

I am currently experiencing this with a hairy gorilla crab that somehow evaded me, and that I only noticed it once I saw my blue linckia's one leg being "chowed off".... since then my one other star (fromia) also "suffered" the same fate. My Linckia died, my fromia star still survives - with it's leg "eaten off"....

This is my other one but I have not been able to ID him yet..

23Nov07043.gif

Back
Top Bottom