My Led lighting options for 20 gallon Nano...AI Prime HD or Zetlight ZA1201-WIFI

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Was considering 2 LED lighting options:

1. Aqua Illumination Prime HD
2. Zetlight ZA/1201-WIFI

What are your guys thoughts / experience with them?

Have a zetlight

And I love it

nd is it the wifi one or the one with wifi controller?, how is the usability?

I hat a zt6600, on my old setup, and it was amazing..., but the wattage I see is 19w on the zetlight, whilst the AI rime HD is 55w...

AI prime FTW! I have had a few Hydra26HD's and couldn't be happier. Those primes are also decent and would be great in a 20g

Also planing on building up a nano soon and the ai prime the best for 20 gallon if you had a 10gallon and smaller maybe I would of said maybe the zetlight depending on what you want to keep

Also planing on building up a nano soon and the ai prime the best for 20 gallon if you had a 10gallon and smaller maybe I would of said maybe the zetlight depending on what you want to keep
I see, so you would definitely recommend the prime, due to the size of the tank, because the zetlight specs say it copes with 45x45x45, the big difference that I can obviously see is:
1) Wattage on prime is 55 and on Zetlight 19w so Prime wins here
2)Number of Led's on Zetlight is 26 and on Prime is 13 Zetlight wins here
3)Angle of illumination is 80degrees on Prime and 60 degrees on Zetlight Prime wins here
4)Max Tank size: 50x50x50 on Zetlight and 60x60x60 on Prime; Prime wins here
5)Not exactly sure on the PAR values - N/A
6)Price Zetlight can pick the wifi up @R1900 and the Prime @R4500 +650ish for the bracket so Total on Prime Is around R5200ish...The Zetlight definitely wins on price here...

So the question becomes which one...?

2 zetlights?
That is also an option, which then means a total of 52 leds @R3800, 38watts, and linked lights which could give a better cloud simulation being on opposites side of the tank...:001_cool:

As well as playing around with them differently so as to dim and highlight viewing points in the tank:y13: this does sound more appealing...

What's your plan coral wise? And maybe @Vleis Visagie can give input as I see he runs the zetlights

I would 'like', and that is in these(" ") because it kind of never turns out the way you want it because we see and we want... and then we buy hehe...

So back to what I would like is a shrooms only tank, all types and then specifically Rics and Yumas

I have I 1201 over 120 l tank is doing well.Its a very good light.Also coral growth is good

I would 'like', and that is in these(" ") because it kind of never turns out the way you want it because we see and we want... and then we buy hehe...

So back to what I would like is a shrooms only tank, all types and then specifically Rics and Yumas

For mushrooms, 2 of them should be fine. But believe me its nog gonna stop at mushrooms...

I don't think that you can compare the lights in terms of quality and power. AI is a superior brand, zetlight is entry level/budget...
I would go with AI all the way after running a hydra 52HD for a while, and having experience with zetlights.
Thanks for that Jameshr, I had zt6600 over my 125ltr and it did certainly impress, been youTubing the various options to help

I don't think that you can compare the lights in terms of quality and power. AI is a superior brand, zetlight is entry level/budget...
I would go with AI all the way after running a hydra 52HD for a while, and having experience with zetlights.

I agree here

When looking at led I would compare the spread, PAR and energy effectiveness for same wattage delivered.

So Leslie which would you then go for?

I'm fussy with LED
I've had great results with zt6600 loved the controllability and it's set the bar high in terms of cost vs functionality.

Since zt6500 was discontinued I've been a little glum. I wanted one because if it's flagship brother (zt6600).

But I've been forced to look at other alternatives.

I personally sourced a second hand orphek pr 156 for my needs.

Sadly older and not as controllable but packs a punch.

Not really having known or used the AI primes i cant comment with an experienced opinion.i can only say that between the 2 the prime is the logical choice for me given their online track record!

Pricey still though. But then when you cut lighting to a budget level you loose the very essence of why we keep marines.. striking colour contrasts and vibrancy.

I say turn up the wattage

Back
Top Bottom