My future List and requirements to keep?

Reaction score
Hi all

I have decided to make my tank a softie only tank so I have decided on the following:

green star polyps and other types of polyps
Pulsing Xenia
Zoas
Mushrooms
kenia trees, colt trees
Leather corals.

What i would like to know is what are the lighting requirements for these, what flow would they need and lastly do they need to be fed?

Thanks

lighting can be T5 or hailide (hailide better but not necessary)
flow can be moderate to turbulant (depending on positioning of coral) id advise gentle flow with a wavemaker of some sort incorporated.
feeding is not essential, but foods fed to fish (frozen etc) should suffice,,

Thanks Leslie, How much of light would be ok? its a 6ft tank and i want to put in 3*80W T5 and 3 by 40W T8(already have the T8 ballasts)

THAT SOUNDS LIKE MORE THAN ENOUGH oops, my caps lock was on. i would make two of those lights atynic, make the zoas colour pop out better, i think, tried to get info on keeping soft and hard corals together. in my foram "chemical warfare". did u decide on a softy only tank for similer reasons?

i can't seem to get zoanthoids to live in my tank, so i'm probably not the best guy to advise you

sounds fine, just try illuminate all areas where inhabitants will be placed and you should be fine...

THAT SOUNDS LIKE MORE THAN ENOUGH oops, my caps lock was on. i would make two of those lights atynic, make the zoas colour pop out better, i think, tried to get info on keeping soft and hard corals together. in my foram "chemical warfare". did u decide on a softy only tank for similer reasons?

i can't seem to get zoanthoids to live in my tank, so i'm probably not the best guy to advise you

Hey DV8 i decided on it because i like the movement of softies and also the fact that they do not require major lighting and flow and the fish would be a benefit to them as well

sounds like a nice list of things and your lights should be fine:) just watch the heat that the 80w can generate if you have them underhood. not so much for raising water temp but for danage it can do to your hood.

sounds like a nice list of things and your lights should be fine:) just watch the heat that the 80w can generate if you have them underhood. not so much for raising water temp but for danage it can do to your hood.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

:whistling::whistling:

Its a wooden hood but will keep an eye out for it

Sounds good Ziyaad! Agree with Les.
Try installing some PC fans into the hood. It will help out with the heat issues :)

Back
Top Bottom