My first reef aquarium RSM 250

Reaction score
Check if it's hard algae (like pointy hard grass) or a soft grean hair algae (like moving in water motion) hope you understand my bad explanation

Reaction score
Y don't you remove frags from plugs n glue them to rock work. That way u get the unsightly frag plugs out of the tank

Reaction score
Y don't you remove frags from plugs n glue them to rock work. That way u get the unsightly frag plugs out of the tank
That was the initial plan but I have a Red Sea peninsula p650 that I will be setting up before the end of this year so everything from the rsm250 will need to move. Not sure how difficult it is to remove a coral if it’s glued to the rock

Reaction score
OK that fine wil go away as time goes what your parameters at?
The tank is tested weekly, I tested this morning and the result are
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0.1
Nitrate 2
Phosphate 0.03
Ph 8.2
Salinity 35
Alkalinity 7.6
Calcium 440
Magnesium 1600, I know it’s high but that’s the result I always get, using the Red Sea magnesium pro test kit

Reaction score
Nitires stil present and why so?
And on the mag maybe let LFS test it and see if you getting the same results

Reaction score
Nitires stil present and why so?
And on the mag maybe let LFS test it and see if you getting the same results
Not sure, maybe just my interpretation of the color charts, LFS tested my water 3 weeks ago and said my ammonia, nitrite and nitrate was 0.

Reaction score
What test kits you using?
Always wash your glass vail in RO water after each test and let it dry in sun

Reaction score
That some swings if you testing right witch I think you do from 0.1 to 0.5 in 6 days is huge bud

Reaction score
That was during the initial cycle period, now when I test , it’s either 0 , 0.05 or 0.1, that’s the results I get. I know nitrites are bad but is it bad if I get a maximum result of 0.1. Everything in the tank seems happy and healthy, apart from the 4 sps frags I lost, the balance is encrusting so that’s signs of growth which I presume is a good.

Reaction score
The tank was kinda getting abit hectic with my wife manually dosing the main foundation elements, I had a complete profilux with dosers lying in my garage so decided to set that up to relieve my wife of the daily chores associated with the tank. I must say, I don’t know why I didn’t set this up earlier cause it’s amazing and the wife is really happy. Now all she has to do is feed the fish.

Attachments

Reaction score
Decided to make the rsm250 topless with 2x radion xr15’s. Still busy with the brackets and mounting. Hopefully i’ll Have it complete by tomorrow. Apart from that the is tank is very stable, all acros are encrusting and some are slowly starting color up.

Attachments