My first reef aquarium RSM 250

Reaction score
Was the clowns a pair or did you put them together? And of the two clowns witch one is dead smaller or bigger one?

Reaction score
Strange is the small male damaged that you can see? And was the female the (bigger one) aggressive towards the male. Not saying it is so but I've had a few clowns pairs aswell all went good until the female just desides to kill the male dunno for what exact reason but it happens or happened with me

Reaction score
And are you sure the shrimp is dead isn't it maybe it's shell (molting of shrimp)

Reaction score
Over the past 2 weeks I have been adding frags to the tank. Currently they on a egg crate, they seem to be doing well, will glue them to the rock after they grow a little and when I finally make my mind up on where in the tank I should put them.

Attachments

Reaction score
After looking at a lot of corals, I decided on creating an SPS dominant reef. This is what I ave collected so far

Attachments

Reaction score
Starting out with SPS first? thats a pretty brave move... wouldve rather suggested trying out some more "forgiving" corals first and then moved onto sps.

Reaction score
From everything that I have read, it is the assumption that SPS is difficult to keep but so far I think I’m doing well. A lot of emphasis is put on stable water parameters, strong lighting, strong water movement. I managed to do that by testing weekly and dosing manually everyday based on consumption of used elements. For lighting, I use the stock t5, however my bulbs are ATI and was replaced in feb this year so they still new. For flow I use 2 tunze 6105 wavemakers. The frags seem to be doin well but only time will tell. My personal opinion in keeping sps is regular water testing and a good husbandry schedule.

Attachments

Reaction score
Ho hoop all is well do you have a number for me for the guys that did your tank please
If you referring to the guys that help with the scratches, it was a company called glass scratch out, google them for a number

Reaction score
Good work there tell me how the sps doing so growth wise etc etc
SPS is doin well, starting to encrust onto the plugs so there’s definitely growth. I did loose 4 frags along the way but not too bad for a beginner I would say.
Also got myself a yellow tang, my naso wasn’t to happy about that so I got the yellow guy in isolation now. Will release him into the tank in a weeks time and see how it goes

Attachments

Reaction score
Great so far yes tank sand bed look spotless :m106: what the algae growing on the plugs?