My First LPS

Reaction score
Got myself a Pom-Pom Coral (yeah I like that better than Torch).

Lighting needs - high

Water Flow - high to extreme (got her in the cross hairs of one of my m1100's)

Aggressiveness - extreme to any other coral with sweeper tentacles, keeping her away from the softies

Hardiness - medium, correct water levels and the parameters listed above are required for a successful creature.

Can be target feed any food-type but generally not required.

52847a79d714d2a7.jpg

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Yip feed them it will be much happier if you do

Muz

Reaction score
I did'nt know they needed high to extreme flow !!

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Trachyphyllia:whistling:

Nice one Warr, looks good matey. Nice to see you have done some research before buying.:)

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
No, No, only the Birds nest gets 4500 litres per hour - 2 direct powerheads
Cool, you do need to be careful not to blast any coral with a powerhead from too close, it can strip some down to barebone. (even sps)

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Is that why the sps is turning white ?

Possibly, but i'm no sps doc, try "ask Hennie" or Sihaya they would have much more understanding of sps problems. Having said that, i would think a dirct blast from a powerhead won't help/ lack of decent lighting/low calcium, but i'm guessing.

Reaction score
Possibly, but i'm no sps doc, try "ask Hennie" or Sihaya they would have much more understanding of sps problems. Having said that, i would think a dirct blast from a powerhead won't help/ lack of decent lighting/low calcium, but i'm guessing.
You were the dude that said I should give it strong flow :(, how should I judge what is strong flow ? The unit is 200mm away from a 3000l/h powerhead and 500mm from another 3000l/h powerhead, perpendicular to the centre of the powerhead outputs.

Lighting no prob.

calcuim - 460

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
You were the dude that said I should give it strong flow :(, how should I judge what is strong flow ? The unit is 200mm away from a 3000l/h powerhead and 500mm from another 3000l/h powerhead, perpendicular to the centre of the powerhead outputs.

Lighting no prob.

calcuim - 460

I was the dude that said good flow, there is a major difference between good flow and blast it:lol: as long as the p/h is not within 300mm and pointed slightly "past" the coral it will be happier.

Reaction score
I was the dude that said good flow, there is a major difference between good flow and blast it:lol: as long as the p/h is not within 300mm and pointed slightly "past" the coral it will be happier.
OK, i will post a pic later, and maybe can advise on the white tips.

i am a man of extremes as you may have noticed :lol::lol: