My first Coral

Reaction score
This is my first coral I ever got and it spans about 45cm.

tank147.jpg

Stunning coral Alfie, how long have you had it and what size was it when you first got it?

I got this in May last year and it was about 6cm. I have to frag it shortly and will look at the local newbies for the frags.

I got this in May last year and it was about 6cm.
Wow, that's incredible growth, your water quality must be spot on, I really struggle to get any growth out of my pin cushions.

Thats what I love about tunze dispersement of water. The coral is in full flow and enjoying it. My parameters are all within ranges.

Any chance you could upload a small video clip of the flow on the pin cushion?

I will have to get the video camara out sometime for that.
In this tank I have the 2 tinze 4500 l/h with the power head of 5000 l/h and on the opposite side I have a 4500 tunze plus 2 Seieo m1 100's. This picture will give you a beter idea of the size it is.

tank148.jpg

Nice tank Alfie, that Sarco is huge, and from such a small size, well done mate.

great guns ! stand back we dont know how big this thing gets..... only joking it does look fantastic!!!!

What a beautiful sarcophyton specimen! I had one of those too previously, but unfortunately mine died Jan 2007 when my tank crashed.....

I have something similar (a different type of sarco) in my tank at present....

Alfie - your tank is looking GREAT, I must add!

Awesome coralline growth on the rocks, what's your secret ingredient?

Thanks Wee-Man, Mandarinman and Jacquesb.

Viper I have mostly dark and lght purple corraline but I see a couple of places developing some nice red corraline. No secret ingredient just lucky I suppose.:)

Back
Top Bottom