My first coral

Reaction score
Hi all
Here is a update on my progress i got my first coral and fish
526478287eb05e3f.jpg

g]

Noce , yeah cant see any fish pics;)

Hi wildbunny!

Just to confer - IF you mean "coral" by referring to the picture - I agree 100% with Clinton. Tubeworms are REALLY COOL! (Especially as they grow bigger). BUT, if you do indeed have another picture of a coral - please show us?

Otherwise - how's you tank doing? What fish did you get?

And - YES PLEASE - some more pictures!

Hi Warr - tube-worms assist in filtering the water - they are definitely a "nice-to-have" in your aquarium. The bigger they become (some become quite big - others stay small), the more beautiful they are.

thanks, colour doesn't matter I would imagine. I have white and red units.

Hi Warr - tube-worms assist in filtering the water - they are definitely a "nice-to-have" in your aquarium. The bigger they become (some become quite big - others stay small), the more beautiful they are.

Fantastic little freebie, it also shows your water quality is healthy, they were one of the first things i spotted when i had my first new live rock:)

No Warr - color does not matter.... the more different types of live-rock you have, the more different type of fan-worm you will see appearing. Also, they propagate very quickly.....

They will most likely reproduce sexually by releasing sperm into the water columns and others again releasing eggs. This would be microscopic - and could act as coral food for the coral polyps..... When the sperm and eggs meet, they form tiny floating worms (sorry - don't remember the technical term/name), which then attach themselves somewhere in your tank. A few weeks later you will see more and more little fan-worms all over your tank appearing ;-)

Sorry for the biology lesson - I tend to take things as I hear / read them ;)

Listen to the frog :p

There is a lot of activity in your tank after lights out.

Checked out the tank at night with a LED torch, It is the only time I see my Boxer shrimp.

Yeah I have noticed some weird see-through "lice" looking critters.

Any idea what they are ?

Back
Top Bottom