My first 500 ltr custom tank build progress

Reaction score
Good day, so its been a while since I last posted.... things went hectic and bad...
You guys see any problem with my tank? yea theres no fish in it... why? ICH...i saw white spots on my regal tang about 3 weeks after i got all this lovely corals and liverock from someone, so i assume it came from there, anyways, you have to keep your heads up and push through, what doesnt kill you makes you stronger and you learn form the hobby i guess. So i took this photo just now, the tank has been fellow for a couple of weeks, all my fish were caught the very next day when i saw the white spots on my regal tang and i started to do the bucket method. For those who dont know what it is, go search it on this website,

@RiaanP , Thank you very much for all your guidance through this process, I really appreciate it.
The good news is my tank is ICH free and I will make sure it stays like this, the bad news is I lost my 2 black clownfish about 2 weeks into the quarantine process, so take note that i have not had a proper hospital tank so i did 80% water changes every single day while the fish were in a black 50lt container, this was very hard for me to do as it took so much time, i wanted to give up the whole thing but the beautiful tank I have just kept me going.

When the first black clown died I did some more research and added a sponge into the black container and started to use seachem prime and seachem stability every day with the water change, I think this helped with the ammonia being not so toxic to the fish, but im almost 100% certain the 2 black clowns died because of ammonia poisening.
So another thing my mandarin goby and lawnmower blenny was taken to a fellow reefer and she is keeping it in her sump for me because these 2 only eat algea and pods and i could not give this to them, they are fat and healthy and I will be collecting them this friday and I will do the 11 day bucket method with those 2 as well again to make sure they are safe to go into my display tank
b80b9f8f-975e-453d-a9e5-f3e8cde5fed7.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
So here's the following fish in the black container for drip acclimation just before they go into my display, I am so excited and cant wait to see my fish back in my tank, they had 2 cups for hiding
  • Sandsifting goby
  • Yellow tang
  • Regal tang
  • Clownfish
  • Purple fishfish
3b5e194c-d5a7-42fa-bf84-9fd23f972067.jpg

Reaction score
The clownfish went straight into his nennie, I think he missed this so much
5d83d84d-ad83-4867-8245-72d7c83eee9a.jpg

Reaction score
Sand sifting goby was missing his sand, and i missed him cleaning my sand for me.

021be78d-fdd9-4e4e-97e2-79210e23cb78.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Purple firefish was always hiding in one of the cups, i dropped the pellets into the cup so he can eat it because he did not want to swim out to eat
135acb1d-600d-4ad1-bc34-831c90a453f6.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
So my last post was that i wanted a yellow tang, guess what, the same day i got home to see the whitespots i got the yellow tang also, he did not infect my tank, it came from the liverock and corals
608c0a12-82b2-48b0-b891-64399be16a15.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
So here is Dory, he took the hardest beating of them all, the day after i saw the whitespots he had this ugly scars on his body where the whitespots where, obviously the ICH damaged it, I hope the scars will go away as he ages in my tank
9efee5f2-52fb-4c4a-9e74-7a3f8e0b507b.jpg

RiaanP

Reaction score
wow, fish all look happy now. So much more swimming space for them.