My Fiji Lagoon Biotope

dude keep the anemone well fed and it will be less likley to go predatory.. you can never curb instinct and there is always a chance but it can be minimised..

i have seen these boytjies kept sucessfully in mixed tanks in the past..

no not a bellus, but a G.Melanosplilos - Black Spot angel. its a she.

i have had it for around 3 weeks now and she is doing really well. EXTREMELY pacid, to the point where she misses out on food cos the 3 chromis dominate her for it. and she only eats ON Angelfish mix!

i am very happy with her! if i had a bigger tank - 6fter i would want 3 more!

Introducing my Regal Angel

This is a fish i have been eyeing out for the past year, but due to its terrible survival rate i have never taken the plunge! until i saw Dorry Pets landing them and gave them a call! a week later i have a Juvi Regal!

Enjoy the pics of one of the most beautiful fish in our ocean:

Dripping him (05/11/2010):
20101105-IMG_1594.jpg

The Float:
20101105-IMG_1599.jpg

The Release:
20101105-IMG_1603.jpg

20101105-IMG_1607.jpg

I released him at night, the lights had been off for around 4 hours so all the fish were dossing by the time the angel went into the tank. the reason being is that i did not want any of the fish to be aggressive towards him

Getting Settled

These photo's were taken yesterday and this morning. He is eating well, not easing like a pig as i would like, but eating nonetheless.his fins are a bit frayed but with good feed and great water quality i hope to get him to good shape and help him through his color change to adult hood (you will notice it still has its blind spot associated with juvi's)

I am feeding Ocean Nutrition Brine Shrimp Flakes, Ocean Nutrition Angel Mix (THE best food on the market, i will be feeding my moorish this food:thumbup:) and a fresh muscle once a day.

20101106-IMG_1617.jpg

Still looking good:)
20101106-IMG_1637.jpg

My 2 Angels giving a fresh muscle a bit or 2.. or 3:)

20101107-IMG_1646.jpg

Very nice the gray throated regal angels are often even harder to keep than the yellow throated variety- if you are able to keep it successfully it will be an great accomplishment.

You may want to try the following new tetra food it is available in Cape Town and i am sure you can get it where you are, this food was instrumental in getting my bandit to eat everything it just loved the smell so i mixed other ingredients in it like pellets and the angel formula by ocean nutrition which it didnt want to eat initially. Now it eats anything that is mixed in this food and even without it Tetra Marine Mix Block - Complete Aquatics

Last edited:
thanks guys!

achilles, i will look into it, but his eating so im not to stressed now.

concerning the grey belly, i was always wanting the yellow, but beggers cant be choosers:)

love the bandit by the way:)

its really beautiful!

you really have to see this tank in person to appreciate the scaping.. given time this will be an epic system..

well its been around 3weeks since last update. not much has changed except that im battling with algea issues! dunno if its cos the tank is still new or what.. but anyway. going at it slowly.

here some pics:

new corals:
IMG_2525-2.jpg

IMG_2526-2.jpg

IMG_2512-2.jpg

IMG_2529-2.jpg

side view:

IMG_2517-2.jpg

RHS pillar

IMG_2515-2.jpg

New clowns

IMG_2527-2.jpg