My Deep Sand Bed trick

Discussion in 'Biological/Natural Filtration and Deep Sand Beds' started by Dlaria, 15 Oct 2011.

1. Dlaria

Dlaria

To make your deep sand bed look cleaner, when it's in your display tank.

Last edited by a moderator: 11 Apr 2016
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Seabass

Seabass

Wiggle it a bit, now this was funny, cooking utensils are huge in the fish industry. Your fish must have thought that this is the end for them, time to cook one of us. And they will have nightmares about this for ages.

In reality it does look great, but I am not sure that it is a good idea to be disrupting your sand bed like that.

4. Elrond

Elrond

That's why I got a diamond back goby! The oake is a machine! :)

5. Dlaria

Dlaria Thread Starter

I'm only wiggling it between the glass and the sand, and not going down more than an inch or so. Trying to stay in the aerobic top part of the dsb. Just along the front and one side of the display tank. I am only planing on doing it once every few months. I think the wrasse disturbs more of the dsb than I do. I had to put egg crate down just under the top layer through most of the dt, to keep him from stirring up the whole thing.

Recent Posts