My CUBE

Reaction score
This tank looks epic!! Such craftsmanship. This is going to be a real awesome tank. Following!
Any updates?
Hello bud. I am still currently away from home. Currently I do not know when I will be back in South Africa. I hope it will be soon, this tank is on my mind daily, gives me alot of time to think everything through on what I want to do.

Reaction score
Ag shame. I just caught up on the previous replies, its a shame you were not with the family during the lockdown period. Im sure they are missing you.
Hope you get home soon, Im also from Potch, hopefully we can chat when you are back! Dont see many reefers this side of gauteng.

Reaction score
Ag shame. I just caught up on the previous replies, its a shame you were not with the family during the lockdown period. Im sure they are missing you.
Hope you get home soon, Im also from Potch, hopefully we can chat when you are back! Dont see many reefers this side of gauteng.
Most definitely. Has been tough. Wife was lucky enough to still work through the lockdown since they were part of essential services. Ill send you a DM with my number then we can catchup.

Reaction score
So just a little update on what is going on.

I am still in Zambia, it is starting to get tough being away for soooooo long. Atleast today I have ordered the skimmer for the system.

Next I hope would be the lights if all works out.

Will post pic of skimmer as soon as it is delivered.

Reaction score
So I have looked at the possibilities for flow best suited for this system. Getting input from fellow reefers I think the following will work. Flow will be delivered as follow - 2 closed loop systems, supplied by 2 x 12000lph Mantis Tornado pumps, 1 on each side with 3 outlets. Return from sump, supplied by 2 x 12000lph Mantis Tornado pumps with 4 outlets. Wavemakers will be as follow - 2 x Vortech MP40's on the rear panel, 1 on furthest right and furthest left, and 2 MP60's in the centre of the tank. I think this would be sufficient flow requirements for what I am planning.
IMG-20200701-WA0169.jpg

Vleis Visagie

Be good or be good at it
Reaction score
So I have looked at the possibilities for flow best suited for this system. Getting input from fellow reefers I think the following will work. Flow will be delivered as follow - 2 closed loop systems, supplied by 2 x 12000lph Mantis Tornado pumps, 1 on each side with 3 outlets. Return from sump, supplied by 2 x 12000lph Mantis Tornado pumps with 4 outlets. Wavemakers will be as follow - 2 x Vortech MP40's on the rear panel, 1 on furthest right and furthest left, and 2 MP60's in the centre of the tank. I think this would be sufficient flow requirements for what I am planning.
IMG-20200701-WA0169.jpg
MAD DRAWINGS SKILLS

Reaction score
You should run some Gyre wavemakers on this bad boy. I’ve seen those Red Sea reef wave pumps in action at Jungle aquatics. Truly impressive. However they can be a bit noisy when running at maximum settings.

Reaction score
You should run some Gyre wavemakers on this bad boy. I’ve seen those Red Sea reef wave pumps in action at Jungle aquatics. Truly impressive. However they can be a bit noisy when running at maximum settings.
I used the Gyres on the previous cube. Yes noise was an issue, also the cable inside the main display puts me off, hence the reason for the Vortechs. I have been using them for the past 2 years and am very happy with them. Easy to clean and very quiet.

Top Bottom