My African Grey is gone

Mekaeel

Reaction score
hey guys.just got back from Gateway and stopped at my parents apartment,with sad news.my dad said that as he entered the flat,he found the back of the cage was open (which my beloved bird opened), and he was sitting on the cage.he then said As-Salam-U-Alaikum (may the peace and blessings of god be upon you) and he flew out of the sliding the door.after 45 minutes of him flying away,thats when i entered,i immediatley jumped into the car driving around looking and calling out his name in the nearby trees with no response.told the car guards around the beach front who are familiar with me to keep an eye out and i will reward them.stopped at all the local tea rooms and hotels and flats to keep an eye out.
i had the bird for 3 years and he was part of mines and my families life.everyone including my almost 3 year old kid is terribly affected this incident.
please keep your thumbs up for me and my family that i find him.he was last groomed 4 months ago
really dont know if i typed the above correctly.appollogies

Mekaeel

Good luck Mekaeel, hope you find him. We will be thinking of you

Hopefully he will become hungry and come home

hey dude, i'm really sorry to hear that. I have a free flighted bird at the farm, lives on her cage with anytime access, have lost her twice and its a terrible feeling. I truley hope you find him

hey mek , we lost our african grey some time back and as luck has it , exactly a month later some pple in the neighbourhood had him. they didnt wana let go of him that easily but we managed to get him back. do what i do in life , if Allah wants you to have him back then ul get him back

Thats terrible! Hopefully you will get him back, soon. Put up small adverts in surrounding shops, that helped when an aunt lost one in westvil and make Dua. Keep his wings clipped when (if) you get him back, i dont let our parrots wings grow too long. Too risky, one mistake and they are gone.

Good luck, mate. They often show up in people's gardens and are disoriented enough to be easily caught.

Contact the SPCA and keep your eyes peeled for posters in the area.

My mom has an African Grey. My gran had one too.

I use dto breed and hand rear parrots. Lost some as well but somehow always got the back. If you place postrs as mentioned it really helps. Ofcourse in SA it always helps to add a reward.

if i recall he didnt find him :( but replaced him with a bird that takes no prisoners and bites with a mere look in his eye. I swear you can feel that beak from a meter away, vicious blood thirsty bird there now!

eish goodluck mek,i know the feeling...my 25year old african grey once flew away ...i was letting him fly to the fence in the back yard and my mom came home and hooted so he got a shock and flew a few kilometers away to the soccer grounds but during the few hours i was looking for him it was a terrible feeling:(

insha Allah he comes home bro!

if you dont come right speak to me in a few weeks time my brothers greys are breeding again i'll try to organise you one.

Back
Top Bottom