My 800 cube

Jcc

Reaction score
Hi been a member a while now and didnt share my system yet.
My main display is a 800 cube and 600height. Got a 800 by 450 by 450 sump with 3 compartments. First compartment with ts2 skimmer, second compartment dsb, stil need cheato and last for the return pump.
Lightning on display is 150w mh, 2 t5 actinics and 2 10k t5. Got about 60kg of live rock.
fish list
sailfin tang
picasso trigger
bicolor blenny
2 damsels
4 ocellaris clowns
long nosed hawk fish
also 15 hermit crabs
corals
blue pulsing zenia
kenya tree
2 leathers
4 different zoas
3 different muchrooms
sps corals

any suggestions would be nice..
My circulation is 2 wavemakers, 2 seio m1100 and 4000lph return pump. Got a bit of hair algea but busy sorting it out. Wil post pics when i get to a pc.

Sounds interesting, no suggestions until you post pics :D

Hallo Jcc. If I did not say Hi before, I'll say it now: Hi and welcome to the Forum...

And yes, pics would really be nice, maybe some of the more experienced guys on the site will see something that we normally do not see regarding your Algae issue..... - They tend to sit in front of the Pc with a Magnifying glass....:lol: :whistling:

Sounds interesting.Looking forward to the pics :)

my tank photos to give an idea....
anybody want to swop some frags? want to get more color and different sps corals and zoas
S6300557.jpg

Welcome JCC.

How long has this system been running ?

System is running for 6 months now. Getting 10 more sps colonys. Anybody want to swop out some sps frags as im going to frag some to make space for more sps. Wil upload more pictures when i get new sps

Nice looking system, by the looks of things you have a slight nutrient problem with the algae that is present. This is not a big deal as the tank is still new and still has to settle properly, but what the higher nutrients cause is the browning of SPS corals. So you may have colourful corals already but they are just browning out because of the higher nutrient levels at the moment.

rocks and all else really mature out of old existing systems, just moved to my tank. but yes got an nutrient problem at the moment.

Planning on doing a water change of 300l the weekend. then another during next week. should short out problems. was on holiday for 3 weeks and someone only fed my fish and doing topups. 2 fish also died in that time. going to blow all detrus out of the rocks and get tank as clean as possible. Started kalkwasser and keeping an eye on all parameters.

Back
Top Bottom