My 600x600x600 Cube...

Reaction score
Right, this is what kept me busy for some time (2days)... View attachment 70623

Thais tank is nothing compare to what it was a week ago... Added some 20kg's yesterday... Running atm with one energy saver 45w=225w 8000k and 2x Actinics 20000k... Getting some more this week...

Live Stock:
2x Chromis's
1x PJ Cardinal
1x Fals Perc

CUC:
Couple Hermts and snails...

So here are those pics...

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

Thats all for now... Will keep you up-dated... :1:

Thanks... That tank is build for SPS, only need the MH, will get one soon... High flow area at the top med. in the middel and a bit stronger on the base...

Looking pretty good. Thats some nice LR.
Where did u get the 45w energy saver from and what make is it? I was thinking of trying it but couldn't find a decent one.

Got it from Brights... It is a 8000k energy saver... ut they are out of stock and wil be getting in this week... The make is Eurolux... you even get them in 55w=275w, i only have the one running now...

Might have to stop by them and pick one up. How did u wire it up? Do you have any protection from the water or anything like that?

Not at al, only got the cap screws in, and wala.. Stll bussy with it will take a pic tomorrow and show you...

Cool. I"ll wait patiently.

:peroni: ;)

Brilliant Jason! Thanks for showing us your tank! I too am EXTREMELY interested in the energy savers you are using! Your tank's lighting is looking awesome!

Now - just to get some more lifestock in hey ;-)

Thanks Jacques... I like the idee of the 8000k Energy savers.... Think i will get some nice growth with them... But stil going to get 3 more then its going to be bright... I'm still busy with the lighting rig, stil need reflectors, atm using foil and its works a bit, but thinking of getting mirrors...

I'm going to stock this tank very slowly... Fish i want a Midasblenny, Bi-color blenny and mybe a Scooterblenny... Ohh yes and one small Regal Tang thats it, will be it for my Fish...

Corals, well everythting thats got some nice color to them, stil reading up on what tipe of corals can go together...

Will keep you all posted as i go along...

Thanks

Also another thing Jason - could you perhaps post a picture on the packaging of those energy savers?

Do you perhaps know anyone with a light meter? I wonder if one of the more advanced reefers in Cape Town might have one. I would LOVE to know what the PAR output of that energy saver light is!

Yeah thats what i want to see first... But will get the MH stil have to more tanks to set up... 1.2x500x600 and another cube 800x800x600..., but all in due time...

I also would like to know... So anyone out there?? Will post a pic later with my sell phone...

Ok i had to keep my actinics on to dark... If i switch on the energy saver then its so bright the pic comes out white...

BTW its taken with my phone...

IMAGE_084.jpg

One, Stil need 3 more... The 8000k are all screwings... Its 5 bucks a fitting so its cheap... Getting them over the weekend, as they have no more stock... It still looks like a back yard job, but will be get some nice reflectors and sort out the wires...

Back
Top Bottom