My 3foot update - PHOTOS!!!

Reaction score
Hi guys. Here is an update on my 3foot tank started on 03/12/2008... Thanks to all of your expert advice, it really is coming on well!!! Except for the Nennie, which I'm doing all I can to survive. It actually is doing better than when I got it, I must just get it's color back... But thats a discussion on it's own.

145949afa27dab8e9.jpg

145949afa27dc08d0.jpg

145949afa27dc9953.jpg

145949afa2ae7f94e.jpg

145949afa2ae6ccac.jpg

145949afa2ae5ca7d.jpg

145949afa2e1aae6e.jpg

145949afa2e1c0aa5.jpg

ONE WHITE LITTLE STAR POLYP - VERY CUTE!!!

145949afa3cdb2de9.jpg

145949afa3cdbe1b7.jpg

145949afa3cdc991b.jpg

Oh, I forgot to mention, any advice gladly appreciated!!!

Thanks Jacques. I am going very slow now. Just feasting my eyes on all what is happening every day. Things are growing like crazy in there!! Thinking of upgarding my lights a bit though, not sure if the Nennie would appreciate that now though...

You nemmie will ALWAYS appreciate better lighting. BUT - I too bought a new carpet nemmie over the weekend. It too is "hiding" away a little bit, because my tank's lighting is FAR brighter, than the lighting over the tank, in which the anemone was kept in.

Sometimes it can take up to 3 or 4 weeks for an anemone or coral, to really acclimatize to our tanks, water parameters and lighting....

Nah Kunhardt, no fish... Fish are timebombs... When they go "off" all hell breaks loose if you don't react soon. I am going to add two Clowns within the next few weeks though, to try and see if they can help my nennie... But even after having two clowns, I will only ad one or two more fish at most. The more fish, the more waste, the more waste, the more chance my corals will suffer...

And by the way, that second pic is an Arrow Crab. You are seeing it eating what's left of a bristle worm...

Looks very nice Jaco, like the arrow crab! Where did you get him and how much $$?

Thanks Tobes. Got him from Exotic. Cost about R180. Funny thing about this crab is that he made his home - the powerhead!!! Thus I see him every now and then with one or two shorted legs... But he grows them back within two days... You should see him eat bristleworm and other goggas!!! Amazing!!!

Thanks Tobes. Got him from Exotic. Cost about R180. Funny thing about this crab is that he made his home - the powerhead!!! Thus I see him every now and then with one or two shorted legs... But he grows them back within two days... You should see him eat bristleworm and other goggas!!! Amazing!!!

Hope he also eats the stuff the bristleworms eat as he's cleaning out your scavengers now :p

I actually think he is on the losing end. I have so many pods in the tank it is amazing!!! Not so many bristles though... But yes, lets hope he eats them all - to keep the balance of course...

I actually think he is on the losing end. I have so many pods in the tank it is amazing!!! Not so many bristles though... But yes, lets hope he eats them all - to keep the balance of course...

No, he must NOT eat them all - maybe you misunderstood me. Seeing that he eats your bristle worms, I said I hope he also eats what they eat because who will do their job if he finnishes them? Unless some stays into hiding :p

Nah Kunhardt, no fish... Fish are timebombs... When they go "off" all hell breaks loose if you don't react soon. I am going to add two Clowns within the next few weeks though, to try and see if they can help my nennie... But even after having two clowns, I will only ad one or two more fish at most. The more fish, the more waste, the more waste, the more chance my corals will suffer...

And by the way, that second pic is an Arrow Crab. You are seeing it eating what's left of a bristle worm...

lol I get a little paranoid about fish myself, but they are still worth having. And they are always good for the marine-hobby-challenged that come and view your tank and dont know what corals are.

I saw one of those Arrow crabs in PE when i was there last month at their LFS they are cool, silly me for mistaking it for a shrimp. :p

wow jaco your tanks looking beautiful , very nice pics :thumbup:

Dont know clams at all, so can't help you there. I can tell you this though, my arrow pics food from my featherdusters "feathers" and even from my mushrooms... without harming them... So maybe it's not trying to eat the clam, just eat from it, and then injures it... None the less, they have VERY strong claws that will kill if intended to do so. So maybe safe than sorry huh? Thanks for the clam warning though.

Back
Top Bottom