my 125L tank

Discussion in 'Beginner Discussions' started by TheAquariumBoys123, 20 Jul 2014.

1. TheAquariumBoys123

TheAquariumBoys123

Hi this is my 125 litre tank and I need some help please my corals are looking fine right now but I have not been dosing any supplements except for maxi-trace by the water boy as you can see I have a hammer , torch, mushrooms and a open brain coral and should I be adding any other things and if you guys have some tips on how to make your corals look really nice anything helps thanks

20140720_131621.jpg

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. KSreefster

KSreefster

Our corals love "reef foundation ABC+", it's an all in one supplementation for corals and it dissolves really quickly.

4. jimilutz

jimilutz

I don't know what's in the supplement you are using but I do know that hammer, torch and brains need calcium and alkalinity supplements to do well. Test Ca and Alk and see what your consumption is like. I test my parameters weekly and still have not got my levels perfect. In the beginning, I was only doing water changes and my hammer would only perk up for a day or two. Now that I have got a doser to keep a constant addition going, my hammer and torch are growing really well.
    For calcium supplements I use the Seachem product which also has magnesium and strontium in the correct ratios so I don't need to worry about testing those. I think the RedSea ABC is the same.

5. butcherman

butcherman Moderator MASA Contributor

there are 3 main things your corals need

Firstly your corals need stable water paramters. Alk, Ca and Mg, these provide the best platform for growth. this is where something like ABC+ or any other product can work for you, even waterchanges can aid you in this task

Next you can reduce nutrients in your tank you can monitor NO3 and PO4 for this, and select a method that meets your needs in reducing them.

the last thing you can do is start adding trace elements, amino acids and coral foods if you will.

Recent Posts