MY 1.5m DIY LED Unit Build

Reaction score
Great job, did you incorporate any fans or is it not needed?
I have a temp controller running in my tank (see tank thread) want to run one probe back to light and maybe 2 small 12v fans that I can control, for now just running like this its cool to the touch with the 3 plates

RiaanP

Reaction score
May I hire you? If yes, first dibs.

Great job.

Reaction score
May I hire you? If yes, first dibs.

Great job.
Can't afford me, plus lets be honest its a version 2, my version 1 did not work out as planned rushed into it without taking the heating into consideration, maybe there is a version 3 in the pipeline

Reaction score
Very cool build!

DIY led is next on my to do list.

My wife sends a highfive for representing the ladies!
Lol thats my wifey representing there, sad to say her soldering skills are much better then mine. Will pass on the message

Reaction score
You can order a w1290 circuit on ebay. It has the control buttons, small screen andd probe. You can regulate the fans with it. Works on 12v, all you add is the pc fans and relays. Cool build. Ive also purchased leds from improved living, and built two setups. One is all 3w, and other is mixed 10w white with 4x3w blue surrounding each mix lamp. All cintrolled by a tc420. Simulates sunrise, sunset and moonlight

Last edited:
Reaction score
Unfortunately i dont have pics of the build. Its on a 60*60 cube. 4x10w 10k kelvin chips, 1x10w hybrid grow led in the centre. 20 x 450nm blue 3w leds. 10w chips running at 60% power so the corals dont burn. If you would like more info please specify info ypu would like

Top Bottom