My 1.2m tank update

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by marinenoob, 9 May 2010.

1. marinenoob

marinenoob

Hi Guys,

My tank has gone through some changes recently and thought i'd post an update. Biggest change is i've thrown out my red sea prizm hang-on and purchased a new Reeftek TS1. still waiting to see the benefits as its only been running four days. my tank has been pretty stable but recently started noticing my corals especially the Bubble coral seemed not so healthy. I also noticed over the past two weeks that a red or maroon type algae speading accross my LR i'm not sure if its good or not but hey i love the colour. Please have a look and see at the pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

That "red" looks like cyano bacteria to me and sorry to say this, but the bubble coral is busy dying. What are your water parameters?

Salinity?
    Nitrates?
    Phospates?
    kH?
    pH?

4. Jacojs

Jacojs

Following

5. Evo R

Evo R

Def cyano.check your phosfate levels!!

6. mnd123

mnd123

mmmm, not sure PO4 will have much effect on cyano, and you would have other algae rather tham cyano which is a bacteria, not an algae.

Check all levels as posed above, and post results so that we can help

7. scubaninja

scubaninja

hey bud, this little thing here is Majano if i'm not mistaken. This oak must go ASAP! The bubble coral would only really go from happy to not happy(if it was happy in the first place) when there is a change, maybe a change in flow, or someone is pecking at it. IF something is pecking at it my guess would be that semi

8. Dane

Dane

Aw! Bugger! I really want a nice colourful majano for my mantis tank!!!
    If it is a majano nennie then you really do want to get it out there asap. You should try pulling it off with forceps first (careful not to damage it) but kalk also has limited success. First prize is def to carefully pull the whole thing off the rocks, that way it wont leave anything behind to spread... (and you can post it to me!! Hehehe) ;-) Nice tank btw...

But also must echo others re the bubbe... its not looking good at alll... Do you have a friend with a well established tank that can play hospital? And when you say red algae covering the rocks... is it hard, corraline, or a sort of uniform coating - that also grows on the sand? Cause then its cyanobacteria, which indicates an excess of a waste nutrient. I would reduce feeding and try identify why its building up. What filtration do you have? PS: corraline is good, sign that your tank is establishing... not so for cyano! ;-)

Recent Posts