Muz - The pledge

Wow, ok heres holding thumbs for you :thumbup:

Wow Muz this is a huge step.
Good luck !! I see hard days ahead for u.

I will keep you guys informed as we go along !! I have 9 months to regret the decision but a lifetime to appreciate it !

Muz

Muz I expect to see your you MASA Beanie covered noggin next to that there sign in 9 months time, capische???????? Oh and dont take :peroni: take OBS:D

6547f4f46b77e16.jpg

LOL.. brilliant picture ! I have printed it out and stuck it on my monitor.

I will be waving sponsors flags ( thanks to Carl for already pledging R1000 ) and going mad ! I decided I could do this alone but I had better get a personal trainer just to get my ass off the couch.. I just came back from gym.. nearly threw up and passed out for 30 min !

What have I done !

LOL.. brilliant picture ! I have printed it out and stuck it on my monitor.

I will be waving sponsors flags ( thanks to Carl for already pledging R1000 ) and going mad ! I decided I could do this alone but I had better get a personal trainer just to get my ass off the couch.. I just came back from gym.. nearly threw up and passed out for 30 min !

What have I done !

Tell, you what for your guts and brass balls you have R1000 from me as well for a picture on Uhuru peak with a MASA beanie and a Company(FHG) beanie from me:D:D

Let me know when you ready for deposits:wave2:

I take my hat off to you:peroni:

That is so cool - done !, but I gotta be carefull, I dont wanna be dragging 100's of flags, beanies etc up to the summit. I can maybe do 10 companies, so how about this.

MASA, SARK, CTRC, any marine club I will do for free, you guys are like family !.
Company sponsorships R10K
Personal pledges of R1000 gets you a framed picture of my cheezy grin at the top and a note of appreciation for the opportunity to make it possible from me and the CTRC.

100K is the target, so I'm open to suggestions on how to raise the funds, remember, all the money goes to IMACSA 2009, minus what I pay some skinny black dude to carry my food ! !

Muz

That is so cool - done !, but I gotta be carefull, I dont wanna be dragging 100's of flags, beanies etc up to the summit. I can maybe do 10 companies, so how about this.

MASA, SARK, CTRC, any marine club I will do for free, you guys are like family !.
Personal pledges of R1000 gets you a framed picture of my cheezy grin at the top and a note of appreciation for the opportunity to make it possible from me and the CTRC.

100K is the target, so I'm open to suggestions on how to raise the funds, remember, all the money goes to IMACSA 2009, minus what I pay some skinny black dude to carry my food ! !

Muz

I went to a talk at EL museum of a mates folks who went up, they reckon that some royal marines in the group did not make it, but a scrawny 55 Y/O did, take it slow that way you can acclimatize:p

i.e. Prepare well not just physically;)

Last edited:

Muz

I reckon your first port of call is Marine importers and suppliers

Good Luck, dude. Don't know so much about BIG Brass ones, I reckon BIG ICE POPS

I have respect for you Muz!!! Good luck.

I'm not joking when I say you shouldn't forget your thermal underwear.

The trip normally costs in the region of R20K. I know a bloke that did it.

Will be holding thumbs for you. And yes, like Kanga says, mental preparation is equally important as physical.

THanks guys,

I was reading up on the last day. We leave at 11:30pm, the summit take something like 8 hours, then 6 hour decent. That is 14 hours.. eish !

No worries though.. I am determined, I did not mention but I am going up with a boy scout troop. I know the troop leader , and he has done it 3 times I think.. so I'm sticking to his boots !

Justto update guys.. training os on schedule. On the weekend I did my 1st 7 hour climb.. my legs nearly gave in but I made it before the sun went down and the rain came. gym prep is 3 times a week for 90min and I have hikes planned every second weekend from now till December stretching in length and altitude. I had an equipment meeting last night, so all systems go go go !

God Speed Muz. Keep us posted. Would love to hear updates up to... and the war stories after. O and preserve the protein in those big brass gonads. Every ounce counts.... at that altitude.

Back
Top Bottom