Mushroom coral placement

Reaction score
I want to hide my LR stand, and the easiest way seems to attached mushroom coral and let it spread.

I have a large piece of rock with mushrooms on it.

I need suggestions on attaching this to PVC piping

528481a50010b52d.jpg

Reaction score
hmm i'm sure i've seen that rock before ;)

Drill holes in rock and use zipties?

Reaction score
hmm i'm sure i've seen that rock before ;)

Drill holes in rock and use zipties?
Yeah the gift, you gave me a while ago. :thumbup:

I actually want to separate the mushrooms as the one rock won't do the job

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
It takes time Warren, allow the mushrooms to multiply and grow over, just prop the rock up against the pipework and leave it alone.

Reaction score
It takes time Warren, allow the mushrooms to multiply and grow over, just prop the rock up against the pipework and leave it alone.
So babies will move across to the surrounding structures

Reaction score
yip but it takes very long( mine took 5 months to grow on the rock where i placed them on), you want that pipes covered fast right?

Try do brake the rock in pieces, with the mushrooms on them and connect each piece of rock to pipe work with elastic band or cabletie.

Reaction score
OK, I will see what I can do. The rock doesn't look like LR, it looks like granite, going need some heavy machinery. :whistling:

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Green star polyps are faster spreaders or clove polyps (like the ones I have) are even faster, with the cloves they will cover the pipework very quickly.

Reaction score
Green star polyps are faster spreaders or clove polyps (like the ones I have) are even faster, with the cloves they will cover the pipework very quickly.
I cannot get star polyps to grow, got no idea why, all my mushrooms grow great

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
yip but it takes very long( mine took 5 months to grow on the rock where i placed them on), you want that pipes covered fast right?

Try do brake the rock in pieces, with the mushrooms on them and connect each piece of rock to pipe work with elastic band or cabletie.

As before, PATIENCE is the key to this hobby, 5 months is not a long time for your to carefully nurture your tank to maturity;)

Reaction score
yip, spot on weeman, but that is alot of pipe sticking out and it will take 2years maybe:p

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
2 years is not a long time, buying fast growing corals to cover things up is a "quick fix" at best which in itself may bring more problems.