Multiple Dwarf Angels

moz

Reaction score
Few questions regarding more than one dwarf angel in a system. Firstly if I say, have a Jumping Bean (C. acanthops) and I added one or more smaller Jumping Beans, would the original harass/kill the new ones, or could a harem be formed? Secondly if I added two or three of the same size at the same time what would be the outcome? And finally can multiple species of dwarf be kept together? Tank size about 350l, need to change the aquascaping for more hiding places before I can add any.

try and get another jumping bean slightly larger than the one you currently have,and they will be fine.
if you add all 3 at the same time,even better,there will be less chance of agression (tried this with 4 multispinus angels)
yes multiple species of dwarf angels can be kept together.
create lotsa caves and overhangs to keep these guys happy

All I can say is that I have a Coral beauty and added a Jumping Bean of simular size, the Bean did not stop harassing the Coral beauty and other fish I eventually caught him and sent him packing. Maybe I had a bad ass Bean???

Thanks for the advice guys, I have read that Jumping Beans are one of the more aggressive dwarf Angels

It was about 3-4 weeks if I'm not mistaken before I removed him, The minute I put him (Bean) in he took over, tried moving rock etc, nothing seemed to help, so he had to go, the coral beauty is still here and is fine now.

All my books reckon dwarf angels regardless of species are not compatible unless tanks are really big - 1500 l +, yet angels are happy with any other species.

I have a coral beauty that has made mates with a domino damsel ??

I have two coral beauty's in my 780l system.

I bought them at the same time. They initially fought with each other for about 2 days now they are happy to school together and share the same cave...

Maybe I'm lucky I don't know, I guess it also depends on the fishes nature? If that makes sense? The only issue with compatibility I've ever had was with my Sailfin Tang and Copperband Butterfly... The sailfin ripped it to shreds in minutes!

All my books reckon dwarf angels regardless of species are not compatible unless tanks are really big - 1500 l +, yet angels are happy with any other species.

I have a coral beauty that has made mates with a domino damsel ??
i kept 4 multispinus angles and 1 jumping bean in a 5ft tank with no agression,until that tank popped

Hi guys - personally - I would think that it depends on each individual fish. You will sometimes get fish with bad attitudes, and other, of the same species, with wonderful attitudes. It's seems to be much like us humans. Sometimes a "good natured" fish will just, for seemingly no reason at all - become the tank bully.... and other way around as well... I have seen "bully fish" turn into placid fish, especially once a stronger/more dangerous competitor was introduced into the tank....

Back
Top Bottom