multicoloured hufa enriched frozen food for mandarins

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by mandarinman, 7 Dec 2010.

1. mandarinman

mandarinman

having watched my mandarins for months as i have trained them to eat frozen foods especially bloodworm,mysis,brine shrimp,lobster eggs i realised that the male does not see a lot of the food because it blends in with the background and substrate. so i asked myself why not have bright frozen food. the experiment is as follows, brine shrimp dyed blue, yellow, red ,well rinsed ,enriched with hufa and dosed with entice. the reasoning if they can see it smell it and taste it. smaller volumes will be required when feeding and it will be easier to train them to eat non live food and improving success rates pluss lessening the nutrients in water pss the next excapade is to raise coloured live brine shrimp.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tremayn

Tremayn

interesting :) .. Kinda like the brightly coloured marshmellows you use when fishing for carp

4. mandarinman

mandarinman Thread Starter

ok back to the drawing board. the male avoided the blue and the red totally but tried a few of the yellows but i could see he didnt enjoy the taste. my foxface tried and enjoyed the yellows but also avoided the other colours.

Recent Posts