Much needed advice!

Reaction score
Im in love with this tank, i used to be very involved with this hobby and had a 45gl tank 4 years back with a thriving system, sadly both pumps failed over night and all fish died. I was too heart sore to start it all again so I cleared out the tank and it's been sitting in my garage ever since. Thankfully I'm starting it up again!:m28:
In the mean time I've been running a small nano tank, Dymax IQ7. I have a pair of occ clowns in there that seem to be happy and healthy. Today I was thinking of buying a new tank (of more gallons) as the IQ7 is really high maintenance and gets algae ridden very quickly.

Could you guys please help me by telling me if a jebo R338 would be a good set up, I'm sort of getting it for a really good price. If not could you people please recommend any other nano tanks that I would be able to order and buy at my LFS like jungle aquatics or VIP pets (or any other suggested JHB FS)
Thanks.

Considering the R338 has no filtration compartment compared to the IQ7 that has one I would say you better off with the IQ7 from an aesthetic point of view.

You can have a look at the Boyu Tl450 for more volume-
Zumbo Aquarium
TECHNICAL DATA:
TANK SPEC
SIZE:403Lx484Wx460H(mm)
L: 58L
POWER SAVING LIGHT
VOLT:AC230/115V
FREQ:50/60Hz
POWER:PL-18Wx2
SUBMERSIBLE PUMP
VOLT:AC230/115V
FREQ:50/60Hz
POWER:19W
QMAX: 1200L/h

Last edited:
@jclaas thanks for the reply.
Would a skimmer completely necessary? As the seller of the R338 has told me he managed fine with the tank by doing 10% water changes every week.
The tank has 2 mushroom corals in it that seem to be healthy

@jclaas thanks for the reply.
Would a skimmer completely necessary? As the seller of the R338 has told me he managed fine with the tank by doing 10% water changes every week.
The tank has 2 mushroom corals in it that seem to be healthy
I used to be of the opinion that a skimmer is of outmost importance but i can let you know what I have achieved with just a 30L fowlr tank - No skimmer just RO for top up, activated carbon and two waterchanges thusfar and its running for a year now (I wanted to see how much it can take) with minimal algae. I would like to test the parameters no and po4 to see what they are as i added some softies and they not too open but then again the lights aren't of high quality.

So it can be done imo it's up to you and to be honest I wouldn't mind adding a little hang on skimmer.

Sorry FOWLR stand for Fish Only With Live Rock.

The tank has two mushrooms in now.

Back
Top Bottom