Mr. Kovacs 350Ltr FOWLR by Mauritius

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Mauritius-aquarist, 8 Oct 2010.

1. Mauritius-aquarist

Mauritius-aquarist

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Introducing Mr. Kovacs 400Lts tank.
    Small history,
    Mr. Kovacs solicited my help to transform the tank(my god it was in a very horrible state:p) of his wife into a very nice beautiful tank. The first time I went to have a look at the tank, I was not surprised why the tank was so horrible, The tank is a boyu FH-1200 which was being run only by an external boyu filter and 2 airstones. The substrate being used was decorative white rocks which were not porous at all and are apparently meant for freshwater. Well I think these people being busy people didn't had some knowledge on marine, anyway, It was a good opportunity for Mauritius-Aquarist to earn a little money.

Since the Main tank already existed, only thing left was a sump tank, some liverocks+ more dead rocks, return pump and the skimmer.

Since I had a weipro SA14( copy of WON brothers skimmers) in stock, i've decided to use it with the tank as the skimmer according to the manufacturer can be used for tank of upto 560Lt though i personally think its a bit overrated. skimmer will be fed by a resun 2400Lt pump and I also intend to feed the skimmer with 25mg of ozone for some hours(6-10hours) daily. The sole problem, the manufacturer says they are ozone safe, but I must admit based on the material am not totally convinced.
    Here are some pictures on how things has been so far, any suggestions or opinions is most welcome. The tank is in its traditional cycling, today it's in the fifth day, the first fish( green chromis/viridis) will be introduced in around 45 days the rest after two month.....[​IMG]

This tank is supposed to be a surprise for Mrs. kovacs who's on holidays in her native country of Republic of czech!!! Lets hope when she is back, she will really surprised and happy!

The tank is not yet complete, still got the finish the tank top/hood and find the right light unit! Am planning to go 4 T5's....

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. TheWaterboy

TheWaterboy Sponsor

cool sega!
    hey dude i sent your stuff off, it should be by herman in a week or so.....
    will chat to you on skype and give you his mobile so you can collect from wanna studio in point aux cannonier...i sent 5 of each
    by the way we finalised the trip for april next year so you better be ready for that dive......no excuses this year;)

4. Yuri

Yuri

take out the chicken bone in the samp put in a dsb
    and get a women (your sister) to do the scaping

5. Mauritius-aquarist

Mauritius-aquarist Thread Starter

chicken bones will remain to feed the nitrobacter!
    but will def take some1 to retouch the aquascaping:p

Recent Posts