Mozambique Permits

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm planing a trip to Mozambique in December and wanted to know if where I can get a permit to collect some live stock. And what will you need to import it in to SA.

Thanks

you will be taking it across border....not worth the effort in my opinion, you battle to explain your vehicle registration papers !

Also most of the coastline is actually protected (supposed to be , very badly governed though)

Boendoe without sounding too harsh, DON'T do it your livestock will probably not survive the trip, besides that Moz is one of the few places left that one can experience reefs in their natural state.

It is already being exploited by fishermen, damaged by over diving etc (i dive as well), rather leave it as it is & go back again to enjoy.

PS where you going I'm also going Dec

Frans, fishermen can never over exploit the ocean, or a dam for this matter. Rather start looking towards fishing trawlers, pollution etc.

Frans, fishermen can never over exploit the ocean, or a dam for this matter. Rather start looking towards fishing trawlers, pollution etc.

Sean, hear what you are saying....in my few years of fishing "experience" the only thing i normally catch is sunburn :p

my comment was not directed at anyone (fishermen or not), it was a comment about the importance of keeping places like Moz as pristine as possible, and yes, i do think that SOME fishermen fish indiscriminately, just like some hunters , drivers etc etc.

We should just keep in mind the effects of our actions BEFORE going over to action

my 2C

Thanks guys, Frans we will probably go up to Ponta da ora, want to do some diving there.

Well was wroth a try. I have brought some live stock up from the north coast before over December, the trip was about 11 hours in December traffic. so I don't think that would be a problem, but to explain to a Border Patrol Officer why you have fish in a bucket could be frustrating.

Looks like a mission. Will leave the fishies in the sea.

Excellent choice Boendoe , punto is great, just a bit crowded over holidays...but still hell of a lot of fun

My boet brought some LR from Moz and even that was an issue ....so maybe more trouble than worth.

Were going up to Xai Xai....need a bit less "partying"...were taking the kids

Back
Top Bottom