Moving tank to different spot

Reaction score
Hi there

I am moving my 60 gallon tank to a different spot. I will be emptying the tank completely. I am struggling at the moment with high levels of Nitates and therefore also hairy green algae and cyanobacteria algae because of that I suspect. The reason for it I think is rock placement and circulation of water not very efficient.

I have a compact tank and have been struggling to get flow extentions for existing flow so as to regulate the flow better. I have decided to do larger waterchanges in future and to try and use less rocks.

My question today, should I give the sand a good rinse when I do the move or will it destroy too much good bacteria?

I had a reactor with biomedia in my tank, but it smelled too much and the biomedia also clunked together instead of swirling, so I took it out. Should I add the reactor to the tank again and what should I put inside, biomedia or maybe something else like charcoal or other media?

Thank you.:swim:

Had you moved the tank already?

You can rinse the substrate, with old tank water. That would not kill the bacteria you got.

Had you moved the tank already?

You can rinse the substrate, with old tank water. That would not kill the bacteria you got.
Hi Riaan, yes thank you, I moved the tank succesfully. Just replaced about 40% water with new water. Rinsed the sand in last bit of remaining water and emptied that out. Everything looking good and healthy thank you.

Back
Top Bottom