Moving my nano tank - How should I do this?

Reaction score
I'm moving my nano from my bedroom to my lounge (just across the hall really)

Tank size: 90L

I know for huge tanks you drain them completely before trying to move it, does the same apply to a little nano??

Could I drain it half way and then move it?? Want to minimize stress / effort etc
whistling.gif

Matt,

Going out on a limb here, but I'd say it will be ok if you drain half way and move. Obviously not letting the glass bottom carry the wait of the rock and water, but on a piece of chipboard bigger than the tank bottom.

Move very slowly. And make sure all you rocks are secure. You don't need them to fall and crack pane.

Hi Matt - I would do the following - IF you live rock is not glued together, remove your live rock and corals first - place this in a temporary bucket or something.
Then, drain at least 80% of the water out (the fish can stay there, if you want - otherwise you can catch the fish as well - but this will place a LOT of stress on the fish)....

Then, with only the sand-bed, and +-20% of the water in the tank, then try and move the tank VERY VERY carefully!

Good luck mate!
Cheers.

i'll be moving the stand and tank in one, so i'm sure it's safe to leave a bit of water in?

Should be ok. Would be even better if you could slide it on the floor.

Back
Top Bottom