moving a plusing xenia

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by devesh.r, 4 Feb 2012.

1. devesh.r

devesh.r

Hey guys I need to move some pulsing xenias from one rock to another. How would I do that and what can I use to stick them to the new rock. Thanks

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. stevengrant

stevengrant

If the new rock touches the xenia on the old rock, the xenia spreads across to the new rock very quickly on its own - Well, that is what happens in my tank, but my xenia is growing like a weed. If you took a piece and held it onto the new rock with an elastic band, I'm sure that it will attach itself within a week. I have some local purple xenia and a salmon pink xenia that I attached with superglue gel and they have since attached themselves even better and are doing well. The superglue gel (must be the gel) can be put on the bottom of a frag after lightly tapping it onto a tissue to dry it. The frag then can be put onto the rock without even taking the rock out of the water. You need to hold it in position for about a minute. Because my pulsing xenia grows so well, I have never tried this method of attaching it. I just put small rocks next to it and, within a week or two, I have new frags.

4. devesh.r

devesh.r Thread Starter

Thanks man the thing is that the rock is full of aptishas. That's the reason I want to move them

5. stevengrant

stevengrant

6. Mc

Mc

Why dont you slice it off near the base and then zap the aptasia with aptasia x while you have the space to get to them.
    Then you can put the cut off ones on a new rock with an elastic band and after a short while the origanal cut off peices will grow back.

7. gMAN

gMAN with the plan

Use a small scissor to scrape the rock around the base of the xenia and it will come off. You can slice them off as well at the base as well and attach to new rock as suggested by steven then in a few weeks they re-grow....

Recent Posts