Mounting waterproof end caps

This is what mine currently look like. Doesnt look like you screw them from the bottom you screw it through the wood into the T5 Caps.

t5_endcaps.jpg

I have had no problems whatsoever and my canopy gets so hot you can bearly touch it. I used the bostick marine silicone. So far it has been more than 18 months.

Frans, the tube states that the temperature range for the silicone to still be effective is between -50 to +150 degrees celcius.

Was wondering the same thing with this - just got two T5 electronic ballast kits (pre wired, and has small little end caps) How the hell am I going to mount it to my hood? any ideas? The end caps are so small and they push onto the tubes, so silicone won't help here. Don't want to drill and put mount clips any other ideas?

Frans - you get silver / chromed spring-metal clips for flourescent lights. The clips are screwed to your hood, using self-tapper screws.
As at any electrical/lighting shop for these chromed/silver spring-loaded clips. I think you get these clips in plastic as well.

Simply silicone mount clips to the hood, then simply clip the tube in place

Frans - you get silver / chromed spring-metal clips for flourescent lights. The clips are screwed to your hood, using self-tapper screws.
As at any electrical/lighting shop for these chromed/silver spring-loaded clips. I think you get these clips in plastic as well.

thanx Jacques, the problem is the end caps are quite big so the clip cant attach...will go the silicone route

Back
Top Bottom