Mouldy Corals?

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by Easy Tiger, 11 Jan 2010.

1. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Day Dreamer Deluxe

Hi All - sorry I could not get a clear picture of this , I know it would help a lot. I've seen a grey substance has grown over a section of my Zoa colony - it's not algae, it looks like grey mould ( resembles a thick grey cobweb ). The polyps in the general area of the mould remain closed ( the other areas open and close as normal ). I wanted to just scrape it off but not sure what it is - I might just spread it around the tank. But it's getting bigger ...

Any ideas?

Will try and get a better set of pictures tonight.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. ADVdiver

ADVdiver

Would remove polyps with infection from rock and do so outside of the aquarium and place the rest back in area of high flow (Possible even an iodine dip will help). Give it a sniff you will understand why. Discard infected polyps.

4. Tony

Tony

I'm with ADVdiver. Scrape away the bad polyps and give the whole colony a nice iodine bath in salt water. Keep an eye on the coral for signs of further infection

5. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Thread Starter Day Dreamer Deluxe

Thanks guys - have bought an Iodine solution for LFS today and will start treatment. The infected parts have doubled in size overnight so I'll be well impressed if it cures it.

Recent Posts