Mornes Reefer 170

Slightly easier option is cheato reactor
Shows how long I've been out of the game, Another thing I need to research a bit.

A suggestion on your cabinet setup - why not move your electric's outside the cabinet,
Not something I really want to do, reason I went for the Reefer setup, i like the clean look and don't want anything outside the cabinet.

I also don't like the ATO solutions on the Reefer tanks - I would remove that to create more space as well, and replace with external reservoir with more capacity.
This is something I am planning to do. Behind the tanks wall is a closet that im going to install a 25L jerrycan to upgrade the capacity. That 5L tank needs to be topped up
too frequently. Dont even think I will be able to go away for a weekend.

Thanks for the input

I hear you on the clean look, but salt creep..............gets everywhere - I may have a solution to give you control even if mounted at the back of your cabinet....

I have done a DIY algae scrubber in the past and you right, it works well. Who stocks the Santa monica scrubbers? Watched a few videos and looks pretty neat.
Still weighing options though as I want maintenance to be as simple as possible with whatever methods I use.

You could maybe contact them directly and find out who's their agents in SA

IMG_5578.JPG

Little update. Added some more coral and frags.
Need some photography lessons. Pics come out too blue.

On the other hand added a STC controller with some fans over my sump to get temperature more stable as it was going up to 27 deg on a warm day.
Stays constant 25-25.3 deg now.

76E7FFDC-D0C7-426C-9B8E-F80E5ACFE501.jpg

Also experimenting a bit with nitraguard biocubes while my nitrates are still low. Added biocubes and purigen together in an internal filter with pumps outlet facing my skimmer inlet. Added the bare minimum which is 1ml per liter. I do have an airpump and stone lying around to switch over to the recommended bomb method should this not work.

Nitrates are currently 8. Will test in around two weeks and see if theres any change. Lets see

IMG_5621.JPG

Finally connected my bigger ATU container. Drilled through the wall behind tank and installed a 20L bucket with pump and some tubing in a cupboard in other room.

Also removed the internal filter and went back to bomb method for cubes and since doing that 4 days later nitrates came down from 12 to 4.

Installed my doser as well and setup with some reef fusion 1&2. As my Kh and CA dropped quite a bit over past month due to no water changes. Currently only set to dose 5ml per day. Will test pars over the weekend and adjust accordingly.

Im trying to achieve a low maintenance tank with WC and some sump cleanup only once a month.

Glass I clean when necessary and filter socks are changed when needed.

So far so good. Some close up pics of my current zoanthid collection to follow

Back
Top Bottom