More then a pair of Clownfish?

Discussion in 'Marine Fish Discussions' started by dogstar, 2 Oct 2009.

1. dogstar

dogstar

Can i keep more then just a pair of Ocellaris/percula clownfish?

Have a pair (not 100% sure if they Ocellaris or percula), and wanted to know if i can get some more. I think i read sometimes if there are more then a pair they will fight.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Midasblenny

Midasblenny

Depends on the size of your tank and which clown you wish to add and what the size of that clown will be. Sorry a bit vague but its not always easy, if your two are happy and settled i`d be tempted to just leave them be and not add any more.

4. dogstar

dogstar Thread Starter

meter long tank and wanted to add more percula/ocellaris clowns of the same size

5. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

I know different species of clown are prone to fighting, but if you put more of the same clowns in I don't think there should be a problem, I mean the LFS's bomb about 20 of them into a small 2 foot tank and they all seem to be pretty happy with each other, but then perhaps if your two have already established a territory inside the tank they may try to defend it against other clown fish.

Recent Posts