Moorish Idol

herkie

R.I.P.
Reaction score
I have this fish and my tank is too small for it. If you can collect in the Richardsbay area you are welcome to have it.(You are also welcome to swop fot another reef safe fish.)

baring in mind that the moorish idol has an incredibly low survival rate in aquariums and should not be placed in a tank that is not in the hands of an experienced reefer and suited to its needs.

indeed one if the fish that shouldnt be caught in my humble opinion

Or bought...
Posted via Mobile Device

I take note of your reply and had the same idea after doing research. What if the speccimen has survived for more than 6 months and still seems to be happy?

Hi Herkie - send the moorish idol to Mekaeel - I will get it from him when I gt to Durbs.... I have MORE than enough pods to keep the fish alive... :)

Seriously - what does the fish feed on? And if you say it was kept in a tank for 6 months.... is it nice and fat? Do you have a picture?

Hi Herkie - send the moorish idol to Mekaeel - I will get it from him when I gt to Durbs.... I have MORE than enough pods to keep the fish alive... :)

Seriously - what does the fish feed on? And if you say it was kept in a tank for 6 months.... is it nice and fat? Do you have a picture?
you have some reading to do jacques! :) go research BEFORE you look at it.

oh and herkie...6 months really isnt that long......

LOL Crispin - yeah - I know. Before I take it I WILL indeed do the research. BUT - taken into account that I think that I would rather take a chance with the fish, rather than someone else, whom's chances of keeping the fish alive is far less, wouldn't you say? ;)

debatable :) untill youve read up on them a while.

send steve warren a pm, they keep them well i am sure he can give you a few pointers.

i just know they are advanced fish, have a terrible survival rate and really should rather stay in the ocean.

but saying all that, yes jacques I do think youd have a good chance of keeping it well, certainly better than me.

especially in a well matured decent sized tank with umm lots of (that stuff they eat)

Hi Jacques, Sorry for taking so long to come back to you. I have not been to Durban very often lately. I will bring the Idol to Mekaeel when I go there next time though. The fish is still doing very well and is as well as ever. Everybody says they are hard to keep and I only heard about this quite some time after I got it. It seems to be eating Cyano and also likes chopped veggies. It is always nibbling on the rock and I assumed it eats algae.

Back
Top Bottom