Moonlight - LED striplight from Makro

neo

Reaction score
Hi,
I'v been looking for a moonlight for my tank when I saw this (and bought one) at Makro Centurion for R159.
20424c47fb718845e.jpg

Opening it
20424c47fb9a5c0db.jpg

and check the kelvin rating

20424c47fbbe959ab.jpg

this unit is the smallest and you then get it at increments of 3 leds at a time.
You also get them in a flexible silicon option.
This 6 led unit gives 1.44watt, 72 lumens, 135mA

The bigger units are a bit expensive compared to the 6 led unit.

More info at
lumeno LED lights

I bought this yesterday and last night I went to a demo of a security vehicle which was fitted with 2 of the big brothers of this 6 led unit, the light at night inside the cabin was amazing.

light in my tank is very good, maybe to bright for moonlight purpose
this was taken with my cellphone with the led lights with all other lights in the house off.
20424c4811aa78d6f.jpg

20424c4811c1a5a3b.jpg

no, but it came with an orange plastic strip with which you can change the overall color, so you only have to get some blue screen for it.

the units in the silicone shows a cut line after each 3 leds and have connection points for red green and blue so i suppose you can modify it if necessary.

Looks good, instead of shining it straight down I found that if you mount it sideways on one side of the tank, low down close to the surface of the water, and have the lights shining across the surface of the water then you get a much more gentle and distributed light spread plus you get an awesome shimmer effect in the water.

Back
Top Bottom