Montipora placed vertically

Reaction score
Good day to all !

I recently acquired a large red plating Monti (almost the size of a rubbish bin lid), and also don't have much experience with Monti's. Unfortunately it is taking up too much real estate, and I was wondering whether I'll be able to place it vertically against the back pane of the display tank, without it dying on me. My currently lighting consists of 2x 250w Metal Halides with 15 000K tubes.

All help will be highly appreciated.

Regards

DSC_0838.jpg

DSC_0839.jpg

it will be fine, however it will grow horizontally going forward, so then only when the higher pieces start creating shade underneath themselves, then you will have die off.

Lovely looking tank BTW, very beautiful.

it formed that way in the old tank, because it was the optimal way for it to grow. Mounting it another way and it will eventually respread out to be horizontal in a years time. But in meantime the shaded parts will die out.

Would be apity to break up a nice big coral like this into 50 smaller frags.

THANKS FOR ALL THE REPLIES GUYS !!

I don't really want to break up the Monti , so decided to re-aquascape the tank this weekend. The only way I could make it fit, was by having it lie against the back panel at about a 70 degree angle, and moving other rock/corals away, so that most of the Monti gets light. I suppose only time will tell.

Thanks again to all !!

DSC_0850.jpg

DSC_0852.jpg

holy crap you got some coral there!!!

might be worth, looking into possibly going abit bigger, or not, but the tank looks amazing now in 6 months to a year, it will be very grown...

epic tank tho!
what are the Dims now???

Back
Top Bottom