Montipora Digitata going pale?

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
P1020661.jpg

the brown montipora digitata in this pic is taking some strain, i moved him higher(more light) as well as further from the other corals.

any ideas what might be causing this?

I would guess chemical warfare with the brain.

There is a Monti eating nudibranch which is so well camoflaged that they are nearly impossible to see, and they can wipe out an entire colony within a relatively short time.

If nothing else works, I would suggest that you do an iodine dip for a few minutes and see if anything comes off the coral.

I hope it recovers, but if nothing helps, be prepared to frag off the healthy fingers...

Hennie

Thanks hennie, yip I have moved him, i do have some "cleaning the tank" frags which are doing well, but you right if I dont see a change I will take off the healthy part.

someone, please explain the freshwater dip thing to me please, how long etc etc etc

Is it just bleached or is the pale section dead? Any polyp extension on the pale section?

very little PE

someone, please explain the freshwater dip thing to me please, how long etc etc etc
its not a fresh water dip,its an iodine dip.i personally use tropic marine pro coral cure mixed in the in a bucket with tank water and then place the affected coral in it for about 10-15 minutes and you will see these montis dying off.

OK explain the iodine dip then thanks:whistling:

OK found this on the the Monti, looks like a bit of sponge to me, but hey what do I know, what do you guys think?

MOntieatingnudi.jpg

Montinudi.jpg

Hello any ideas ppl?

Any help Guru's ????????

Send sihaya a PM with a link to this thread, see if she can help you, although she might be in bed right now :)

What, are saying you dont know, damnit you should know:razz:

Yeah will do now. Thanks for the idea.

Back
Top Bottom